Good morning, all!
I say good morning, because we anticipated the holiday and ate turkey last night for supper - and tryptophan got the better of me! Ten minutes after I sat down on the sofa to write my blogpost, I was sound asleep... turkey is my enemy! So now I'm writing my Monday list on Tuesday - already a day behind.... oh well..... It's all good!
So first of all, let's see how last week's list went. Maybe then you'll understand the title of my post better!
1. Finalize the pattern for Nathanael's annual quilt.
Done, thanks to the kindness of friends!
2. Make placemats to go to shut-ins for Christmas.
Done, and our cup runneth over - we needed 21, and at last count we had 28, with a few more still coming in!
3. Make folded fabric ornaments.
Done! I want to make more, though...
4. Quilt the gift quilt.
Done! So happy to have this one ready to go...
5. Cut out Nathanael's quilt when all the fabrics have arrived.
Done, although no pics yet.
6. If customer decides to go ahead with memory quilts, meet with her to choose and order fabrics.
Still no word from her...
7. Quilt Lilli's annual quilt.
Lilli's quilt is only about 2/3 quilted - I'll explain why in a minute!
8. If there's time, quilt Emmy's annual quilt.
9. And if by some miracle, there's any more time, quilt the tree skirt I pieced earlier this fall!
Nope! Life conspired against me on these two!
10. Keep up with any ministry needs that come up.
Done - and it was a busy week! It all started out with a family whose house burned down - we sent a quilt for the parents...
...and quilts for each of their six children, in hopes of providing a little comfort in a difficult time.
This quilt went to an elderly gentleman in the hospital...
...and this one went to another elderly gentleman in a nursing home, recovering from a broken hip and dealing with dementia.
These two quilts went to a local counseling center that counsels kids in abusive situations.
This quilt went to a gentleman just diagnosed with colon cancer who is starting chemo this week.
And we gave away one other quilt, but I didn't get a picture. It went to a man who recently had double knee replacements.
Well, my husband got tired of listening to me moan about it and we went to get a new one. So I'm back up and running, thankfully.
Then Saturday morning we decided it was time to get the man cave finished, so I started laying flooring...
I stopped about halfway through because we had the grandkids Saturday evening for a "date night" - mainly so their parents could go see Dr. Strange! We had a lot of fun, though!
Saturday afternoon, I went up and started working on this...
...but work came to an abrupt halt when I broke a needle - loudly and badly - and couldn't get poor Jolene to sound or sew normally after that. Fortunately, my repair man was able to come yesterday afternoon and fixed her all up!
Here's what Jolene looks like just prior to getting a lube job! Man, is my studio a mess right now.... but that's just the normal state of affairs in November/December.
So anyway, that's why I didn't make as much headway as I would like to have on last week's list. Here's hoping that this week is a little less eventful and a little more productive! So here's what I'd like to get to this week...
1. Finish Lilli's annual quilt.
2. Piece Nathanael's annual quilt.
3. Quilt Emmy's annual quilt.
4. Quilt the tree skirt.
5. Clean and decorate the house for the quilt ministry's annual Dirty Santa gift swap (Saturday morning).
6. Come up with a great Dirty Santa gift for the swap!
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
That should be enough to keep me out of trouble, especially with Thanksgiving in the middle of the week!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?