Can you believe it's Monday already? Last weekend just flew by - probably because I spent most of Sunday working on this...
It feels so good to have the garage nice and organized! It took a long time Saturday and yesterday, and boy my body is telling me about it, but it makes me smile every time I see it!
I did manage to get a good bit of work done this week, though, despite not doing much sewing over the weekend. Let's see how last week's list looks...
1. Quilt a baby quilt for a friend.
Done! She was so excited to see the finished quilt - she did a lovely job on the top, and this new baby is going to love it!
2. Make a back for the gift quilt.
Done! No pics, though - bummer....
3. Cut out Emmy's annual quilt.
Done! And not only cut out, but completely pieced! AND I made the back, too! This one is ready to be quilted....
4. Design and write an estimate for three memory quilts.
Done! Just waiting for the go-ahead for this one!
5. Bind at least three quilts for the quilt ministry.
6. Write up some patterns related to the Artisan projects.
Done! And in the process, I also finished this pretty needlepoint pillow, made with a piece of needlepoint my grandmother made many many years ago that was sitting around in my stash!
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
This quilt went to a woman who is dealing with the upcoming loss of her husband to cancer...
...and these two quilts went to shut-ins being ministered to by our church.
And finally, this quilt was requested by a woman that we had sent a quilt to recently. In the hospital herself, she met a young woman dealing with serious illness and asked if we could send a quilt for her. Of course we could!
So that's how last week went! Not too bad, and I do feel like I've made a few dents in all that has to be done in the next few weeks! Speaking of which, let's see what's on tap for this week...
1. Finalize the pattern for Nathanael's annual quilt.
2. Make placemats to go to shut-ins for Christmas.
3. Make folded fabric ornaments.
4. Quilt the gift quilt.
5. Cut out Nathanael's quilt when all the fabrics have arrived.
6. If customer decides to go ahead with memory quilts, meet with her to choose and order fabrics.
7. Quilt Lilli's annual quilt.
8. If there's time, quilt Emmy's annual quilt.
9. And if by some miracle, there's any more time, quilt the tree skirt I pieced earlier this fall!
10. Keep up with any ministry needs that come up.
OK - definitely enough to keep me busy and out of trouble! It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week - I'd sure love to have all three kids' quilts done by then! But I refuse to stress out about it. Everything will get done in its time, it always does!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?