I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! It's finally starting to feel a little bit more like fall here, which helps get everyone in the mood for the holidays - hooray!! And we're finally getting some rain, which was sorely overdue - it has not rained here since September! And of course, rainy days are excellent for sewing....
It was a busy week last week, with lots of sewing around here. Let's see how the list went!
1. Finish Lilli's annual quilt.
You can see more of this quilt on last Friday's post...
2. Piece Nathanael's annual quilt.
In progress! I had to backtrack (oh happy frog stitching!) on some of the piecing I originally did, because I wasn't happy with how it looked. I like it now!
3. Quilt Emmy's annual quilt.
Done! It's so nice to have the second annual quilt done - just one more to go!! Here's a teaser shot - more on this one on Friday!
4. Quilt the tree skirt.
Done! I really love this - I finally have a quilted tree skirt that I didn't buy at the store!! (About time...)
5. Clean and decorate the house for the quilt ministry's annual Dirty Santa gift swap (Saturday morning).
Done! We had a great time!
And lots of food!! We're Baptist - we eat!!
6. Come up with a great Dirty Santa gift for the swap!
Done - and of course, I forgot to take a picture! It was a one-hour basket with a mug, two kitchen towels, a pin, and a graph paper journal, and it was very popular - it was stolen a LOT!
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Thankfully, last week was a very quiet week - no requests for quilts - so we've had a chance to replenish the stash!
OK - it took a good bit of work today, and I didn't get as far on Nathanael's quilt as I wanted to, but I'm happy with my progress for the week! Here's what's on tap for this week...
1. Finish Nathanael's quilt.
2. Bind nine quilts for the quilt ministry.
3. Order fabric for a special project.
4. Start working on three t-shirt commission quilts.
5. Clean up my studio a little bit!
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?