Wednesday, November 30, 2016

I May Have A Scrap Problem... November in Review, and December Goals

Hi, all!

Hard to believe it, but the end of November is here!  We're coming in on the end of the year, and the holiday season - a busy time of year, but hopefully not too busy to get in some scrap-busting.  I'm hoping to make some gifts, but we'll talk more about that later!

So - - - my goal for November was a simple one - finish Lilli's annual quilt!  And I did it!


Here's a shot of the whole quilt...


...and a close-up so you can see the cute pictures, too!  I'm loving the way this turned out, and it really ate up some scraps!


I also made some of these great folded fabric stars...


...and a pretty set of kitchen towels!  I'll probably be making more of both to give as gifts for Christmas - they're fun and easy and use up scraps, too!  The best of both worlds....

So while I didn't get a whole lot done with my scraps in November, at least I reached and surpassed my goals, at least by a little bit!

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do with my scraps in December - I'll be finishing up the kids' annual quilts and then working on three commission t-shirt quilts - but I definitely want to use some of my Christmas fabric scraps up in ornaments and maybe some pillow tops.  Maybe even another Christmas quilt if time allows!  I've got my eye on that charm quilt with the white stars....

I think I could work one of these up pretty quickly, if I cut my scraps into 5" squares, and I've already got some white on hand, so it could be a Sew My Stash 2016 project, too!

The last week of December is usually a clean-up week for me, too - I work on straightening up the studio so it's all organized for the beginning of a new year.  It's a good time to work on organizing scraps, too!  I'm sure I'll be doing some of that, too.  Wish me luck!

Feel free to link up below and share your scrappy goodness from November and your plans for December!!



Our little scrap monster has decorated himself up for Christmas - I tell you, he's becoming more and more domesticated every day!!  

Hugs!

Sarah



4 comments:

  1. I have my eye on that white star charm quilt too, so simple and pretty. I saw it done in Christmas fabrics too and it was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made another 52 4-patches last night for Bonnie's mystery. I also started on my angel ornaments. I have been taking my scrap strips and making 6.5x6.5 blocks to use in a scrap busting quilt. I think I have about a dozen of those made. Lots more to go. I also like that star charm quilt and that would use up a lot of squares. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white star charm quilt - where can I find the pattern???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, I'm feeling inspired by the white star charm quilt!

    I found some solid charm squares in my stash that weren't square at all, so I trimmed them up, made four patches with white, and put them together with an odd piece of fish fabric that didn't go with my other fish fabrics. I consider these odd ball pieces to be scraps, no matter what size they are! So now I have a nice, bright little quilt top that I'll donate to Project Linus next year.

    Am I the only one who finds weird stuff in my stash and then wants to immediately sew it up into something just to get rid of it??

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!