Friday, May 12, 2017

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Moving Right Along...

Hi, all!

Here we are at Friday again - hard to believe how quickly the time flies!  And Friday means that it's time to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I don't have any finishes this week, but I have made some progress on a couple of projects...


First of all, I remade one of the blocks for my Long Time Gone quilt - the original one was kind of muddy and dark, and really stuck out amid the brighter blocks...


And then I laid them all out on the design wall in their approximate final position so I could see how they look together!  I'm really loving this quilt, and I'm having so much fun with it - who knew I'd get excited about working with my scraps?!?!?


This week I also took this....


...and turned it into this! It's not quite finished - I've got two more shirts that fit into that hole on the right, but I ran out of time and energy Thursday evening and decided to wait until today to finish it.  This one is a graduation present, so I need to get it done in the next week or so.  Pedal to the metal time!!


And here's another whoop whoop, but not mine - Tommy, who sews with our quilt ministry, finished this fabulous quilt top!!  It was just too pretty not to share.  

So - - - can we get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you -
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. I have been trying to resist the Long Time Gone quilt and so far so good. Not sure how much longer I can hold out though! Love your colourful scrappy version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Long Time Gone is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love every bit of your Long Time Gone!
    I'm working on a t-shirt quilt for a friend right now. they do take a bit of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the before and after of the T-shirts! Even though it's still not finished it shows what a difference it makes. T-shirt quilts have so many steps. They're too much trouble and no fun for me, which is why I won't make any more, but they can be fabulous and very meaningful to the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. quilt is looking so good I do like them with assorted blocks both in pattern and size, your little video made me chuckle too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious about your church quilting group---Number, organization, etc. You all produce so many quilts for charitable giving. Such great people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie, I'll be happy to tell you more about it but unfortunately you are a no-reply blogger! Please email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com so we can share info!!

      Delete
  7. I love your latest addition to your "Long Time Gone" quilt. It is going to be spectacular!

    I don't do Tshirt quilts. I just don't like working with non 100% cotton fabrics. Quilt fabrics have ruined me on other fabrics. I do love your quilt though.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!