Friday, November 30, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

Hi, all!

Another week has just whizzed by!  Doesn't it seem like they go faster the closer we get to Christmas?  I'm still trying to avoid seeing exactly how close it is, but it IS the last day of November - EEK!  I know we are close to the point where we won't be able to share easily (because secrets!) but I hope you'll still have something to share, even if it's not a finish!  So let's get started whooping it up!

*&*&*&*&*&*

There wasn't too much time for quilting or sewing this week, although I did manage to quilt and bind a quilt for the ministry...


When I wasn't sewing, I was finishing up the kitchen remodel...




Here it is, in all it's messy countertop glory!  It's nice to have this job finished, and I love the way the new backsplash looks.

I also hung the pictures back in the freshly painted foyer, and started doing a little Christmas decorating...




We went to a really nice tree farm last weekend and got the pretty wreath (a weird place to hang it, but I like it there!) and the little live trees on this furniture piece.  After Christmas, I'll give the trees to my daughter to plant in her new back yard.  My yard has more than enough trees!!


And this morning, I got out my Kate Spain table runner and decorated the dining room table!  I love those candle holders - they are fun to fill with seasonal stuff!  


I filled the bottom of the jar with kosher salt (a trick I learned from a caterer - it looks like snow), and added the cute little bottlebrush trees I found in the Target Dollar Spot.  It still looked a little empty until I added the elf figurines I bought years ago for my daughter.  She left them at home when she moved out, and they've found a new purpose now!

And one other thing happened this week that's worth a whoop whoop....


Our quilt ministry Christmas party!  We had a fun time - lots of good food and then a Dirty Santa battle exchange!  I love these ladies - we have so much fun together, AND do so much good!


And last of all, we had a family photo shoot with the grands - our first!  Isn't this a wonderful pic?  And there are lots more (although I won't bore you with them all at the same time!)

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. The family photo with the grandkids is so cute. Precious moments for sure. Your Christmas decor is very nice. I especially love that Kate Spain table runner. The candle decorations- very creative and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is magazine worthy for sure! I hope to be finished with my Christmas decorations this weekend - but I need to shut the sewing room door to avoid temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah you are blessed indeed...a nice home, loving family and friends...

    ReplyDelete
  4. your house looks amazing!! want to come to colorado? I would give you some sewing breaks in between!! Lovely photo with the kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is wonderful! Love your family photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitchen looks great, as do your Christmas decorations. Thanks for the tip on the salt. Love your family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely family.I love the new kitchen. not to mention the beautiful oak table. Thank you for the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the decorating-that wreath on the coat stand is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picture Sarah! Love your decorating! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The home updates really have lightened the look and so much more inviting. I love the little vinette of wreath, hat and vintage machine. I don't do a lot of decor for the season, but it is planned for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure there are lots of "fun" stories to share about the Santa exchange LOL That's a great family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your decorating looks good. And, I like the wreath on the clothes tree too. Recently we haven't done all that much decorating around the house. Yea for fun times with some lovely ladies and family. Enjoy your week and may the quilting fairies be kind to you and let you quilt as much as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy reading your blog posts.
    Your family of grandchildren are just so darn cute.
    I had 1 son and got 5 grandchildren
    Are these three all in the same family or

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, super cute family portrait! And your Christmas decorations look great so far! I know you have many more on the way. How do you get the little items into the bottom of the jar without them falling over? The salt really does look like snow, but there's no way I'm adding MORE salt to our boating life LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!