Friday, January 11, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Progress, But Not Completion...

Hi, all!

It's Friday again!  I hope you've been able to spend some time in your happy place and create something this week!  I've spent some time cleaning, but carved out some time to play with some fabric too.  So now it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*

I've been busy for the past few weeks working on designs and samples for the quilts I'll be sharing later this month as part of the Rockin' Rectangles quilt-along.  The pictures below are just teasers (not to give away too much!)  


Here's a taste of the first design...


And a fabric teaser for the second one...


But today, I finished the third top AND the sun was shining beautifully, so I took a stained-glass shot of it that's too pretty not to share!

I've still got to come up with three more designs to complete the series - I have ideas for two of them and I'm waiting for inspiration to strike for the third.  Fingers crossed!


And here's one thing I'm whooping about that I actually did before we left for Hawaii - I painted the stair treads!  That's a trickier proposition than it would appear at first, because we are up and down these stairs all day long.  Most of the rooms we live in are upstairs!  So it's hard to find a couple of days when we can NOT go up and down the stairs so the paint can dry and cure.  But with our trip to Hawaii, we and our dogs would be out of the house for ten days, so it was the perfect time to paint them.  Christmas evening saw me painting these as we came downstairs for the evening, and they got to settle in while we were gone.  The tape is still on the risers in this picture (and when I pulled it off it took some of the white paint with it, which is why I don't have newer pictures!) but I'll be painting the risers in the next couple of weeks.

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Your little sneak peeks look great! Can't wait to see the rest.
    The sunshine through your quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all your new designs! And yes - those stairs - we had to paint the outside ones on the deck, and I used that as an excuse to stay inside and quilt - ha ha!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see more...those sneak peeks are intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are so fun to look at. Where did you go in Hawaii? Did you make it to a fabric shop while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stained glass shot - it's worthy of framing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt teasers! The stair treads look perfect--great timing for this job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your rainbow teaser is phenomenal! What a gorgeous quilt that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt top is lovely with the light shining through and you DEFINITELY deserve a Whoop Whoop for painting your stairs and keeping your family from wrecking it before the paint dried! I'd have to put up Police Caution Tape to keep my family from going up and down the stairs, and of course that wouldn't stop the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sneak peek is stunnimg.Can't wait to see all the project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love the scrappy, two size, zig zag quilt. I've done some math and I'm going to do one as a long term project. Whew! My little rectangles start with 1 1/2 inch strips, joined, cut into 2 1/2 inch squares. The larger size I'm starting with 2 1/2 inch strips, joined, cut into 4 1/2 inch squares. I'm concerned about assembling these but that is a long way off! Do you know, is there an official pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!