Sunday, January 20, 2019

It's That Time of Year....


Hi, all!

It's hard to believe, but it's almost that time of year - time for us to start quilting for others again!  Someone commented last year that they thought the term "charity quilt" might make the recipients feel bad, so this year I've changed it just a little bit...


...and the new name is the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge 2019!  I like the change, and I think it's a good one.  After all, there's nothing more comforting than a quilt (except maybe chocolate!)

But before that starts, we'll once again have a series of tutorials for simple quilts you might want to use for your comfort quilts. This year the theme is "Rockin' Rectangles", and I'll be sharing six different quilts (with tutorials) starting next Sunday, January 27th and running through March 3rd.  I'm excited about these six quilts and I hope you will be too!


Hands2Help 2019 will start on March 10th and run through the end of May.  I haven't worked out the final calendar yet - hopefully it will be posted on the Hands2Help 2019 Page under my blog header sometime this week.


And now I'm going to ask you for some help with H2H.  As you know, we try to have a little something for each person who participates to say thank you.  We have wonderful sponsors who contribute to the cause and enable us to do this.  However, we keep getting more and more people participating, which is AWESOME!  But it does make it harder to gather up all the goodies necessary.  So - if you have an "in" with, say, a fabric company, pattern designer, book publisher, author, notions manufacturer, etc., would you be willing to see if they would like to help sponsor Hands2Help?  If you'd like more info about how you can help, please email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com.


I'm also looking for people who are willing to be guest bloggers!  I'd like to have six guest bloggers this year, and you could be one of them.  Your post could be about your favorite quilt charity, a simple quilt you love to make (with or without tutorial), a group you work with to make comfort quilts, or maybe you've got your own idea - it's all good and it's fun to share!  If you're interested in doing this, please contact me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com.

You can also help spread the word by grabbing either or both of the buttons to post on your blog or on Instagram - you'll find them in the right sidebar at the top.  

Are you as excited about all this as I am? I sure hope so!  Bear with me while I get the Page updated, and then you'll be able to sign up for this year's Challenge.

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. Yes, I am excited. The new name is good too. Adding the button to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name change, much more caring. I'll be happy to donate a prize, and would be willing to help however you need. Thank you for hosting this event every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great time of year to have this to look forward to. I see those rectangles and think I may be able to finally use up a box of "bricks" that I have. :-) I'm adding the button and can't wait to see the tutorials. This is going to be fun! Thank you, Sarah HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll donate 8 fat quarters from my stash again this year. I know it isn't much, but I like to get new fabric, so I figure others do, too. Good luck with the corporate sponsors.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always called my giveaway quilts- Comfort quilts. Unfortunately, these days, charity has a negative connotation. I am excited about the rectangles and am in much better health this year to tackle it courtesy of grace and three days/week of rehab. Thanks again for quilting the top I was too weak to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put both buttons on my side bar - this is always a much loved event. I look forward to your scrap quilt patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we also changed! my quilt guild now has a 'comfort quilt' group!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for the comfort quilting..It is a hug giving name

    ReplyDelete
  9. I added your button to my WordPress page! tehachap at wordpress dot com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Comfort is truly a more comforting word. I’m looking forward to seeing your list of quilt recipients. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard to believe March is right around the corner. I hope H2H breaks all previous records and lots of quilts are sent to people who need comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the name change and look forward to this year's H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!