Well, last week all my plans went out the window! Monday evening I went to our local community center's board meeting to see if I could get a date to host a bunco party fundraiser for Nancy - and the best date we could get was this coming Thursday, July 24th! So I've spent the last week working frantically on getting ready for that event. I did get a few things done though, so let's see how last week's list went….
1. Finish up the third giveaway quilt.
Done! Here's the picture…
2. Make a fourth giveaway quilt.
Partially done. The top, back and binding have been made, I just need to get it on the frame and quilt it! Here's a progress shot.
3. Blog about the 30 quilts that went to Hurricane Sandy survivors this week.
4. Quilt three quilts for Hurricane Sandy survivors.
5. Keep up with ministry needs as they arise.
Fortunately, it was a very quiet week last week! We sent this quilt to a woman with breast and liver cancer…
…this one to a homebound lady who is 91…
…and this quilt, which was originally made for a woman who died
before her quilt could be delivered, will be donated to the small medical center where she spent her last days, which has been named in her honor.
So I've got a good bit to carry over from last week, it seems! Here's this week's list…
1. Finish the fourth giveaway quilt. (More below!)
2. Draw winners for the quilt giveaway!
3. Gather up prizes and supplies for the bunco party.
4. Make or bake lots of good food for the bunco party.
5. Spend some quality time with my grand girls!
6. Blog about the quilts that went to NY last week for Hurricane Sandy survivors.
7. Keep up with any ministry needs that arise.
OK, that's more than enough to keep me busy this week! And on the topic of the quilt giveaway, we are within $70 of needing that fourth quilt!! Woohoo!! So finishing that quilt is one of my most important things to do this week. Hopefully time will slow down so I can get lots done before Thursday night….
If you've missed all that I've post about the quilt giveaway/raffle, you can check out the posts here, here, and here. We'll be giving away at least three quilts…
…and maybe a fourth one, too, if we pass the $1500 dollar mark! You can enter the giveaway until Thursday, 7/24 at 6 pm CST. I'll draw the winners after that and announce them the next day on Whoop Whoop Friday, also known as Christmas in July! So check out the posts if you want to know how to enter!
And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?