Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I May Have A Scrap Problem... Progress and Ideas

Hi, all!

Whew! It has been quite a couple of weeks - sewing for the Stunning Stars quilt-along and battling a cold.  But I didn't want to let another week go by without saying a little something on Wednesday!

I'm still working on the "Sew My Stash" project - working from stash to create the quilts for the Stunning Stars quilt-along.  Since my last update, I made this quilt...


...which helped clear out some of my solid scraps!  Then I went on to this quilt...


...which used four long-hoarded pieces of yardage!  I'm so happy that they have found a come together where they can be useful!


Then I gathered together all my larger orange scraps and I'm working on this quilt right now for this Sunday's Stunning Stars quilt.   My husband loves this one, and has already laid claim to it!

I've seen some beautiful scrappy quilts out and about recently, too...


This beautiful solids quilt showed up in a donation at church recently - isn't it a great use of solid scraps?


And oh my goodness, what a fabulous string quilt!


And speaking of strings, I love this structured string quilt with the low volume corners - different and fabulous!


And look at these wonderful HST/string blocks!  I think I'm in love...

And I want to be sure you caught this recent blogpost by Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts - she did a whole post on her top ten tips for scrap quilting - and it's full of great ideas!  Amanda Jean is a fabulous scrap quilter with loads of experience - a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to use up their scraps.  Go check it out!!

So that's what I've been working on recently - using up stash and scraps - but they're still accumulating!  No end in sight - good thing I've still got lots of quilt-y ideas!

Hugs!

Sarah

15 comments:

  1. Solids, that is superb, strings, a great way to have those scraps put together. But your quilt on the line, deep cherry red, gold, and teal, my favourite today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I love those strings. One day I will have enough scrap to make one of these. Maybe by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF YOU QUILT, THE DAY OF HAVING SCRAPS FOR A SCRAP QUILT WILL BE SOON:-)

      Delete
  3. love that snazzy looking string quilt would never have thought of that design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sneak peek at the Sunday's Stunning Star tickles my curiosity. I think I am already loving it as it is Orange! Wonderful inspirations you're sharing with us today. My head is full of ideas. Thank you. The string quilt up on stage is awesome. Wow! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm in love with the first quilt you showed, the solid stars with orange and gray and teal. And the matchstick quilting there is gorgeous. Do you have more pictures of that quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those strings are calling me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the scrappy patterns!!!! I am putting the final rows on scrappy stars! Hope to make all three star quilts. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see you orange quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great scrap quilts!!! I love them all. The last 2 especially caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am way behind, but loving your posts. I am in the process of sewing the blocks together on my scrappy stars. I had a huge stack of 6-1/2" squares and this has become a huge quilt and I think those squares multiplied while I slept because the stack doesn't seem to be going down! Looking forward to Sunday's post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some wonderful inspiration here, Sarah! Maybe those pink flannel scraps will end up in something similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sarah, you really know how to inspire a girl to use up some stash. I've been thinking string quilt lately, but now the problem is which one to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do I make that string quilt! I’m in love with that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!