Monday, February 20, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - An Easy Week!

Hi, all!

It's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, my home town.... how many of you remember that wonderful opening line?  Garrison Keillor is one of my favorites, and his stories of Lake Wobegon felt like visiting my crazy family!  Well, it's been a quiet week here, too - recuperating from an icky cold is no fun!  So let's see how last week's list went...


1.  Quilt and bind the next quilt in the Stunning Stars series.
Done!  I really love this one!



2.  Clean up the house for a LuLaRoe pop-up party here this coming Saturday morning.
Done!  It took almost all my energy, but the house looks decent again... and we had a fun party!  Oh, and I made a new curtain to cover the closet in my guest room (that's been needed for months now!)



3.  Quilt more of the quilts for Stash Builder Box.
Done!  I have four quilts ready to go to Amanda - not as many as I wanted to get to, but at least these are completely finished and ready for gifting...

4.  Pull together my class supplies for QuiltCon!
Done!  I have four lovely piles on my sewing table that I need to get into project bags, but at least they are pulled and ready!


5.  Write the tutorial for the next Stunning Stars quilt.
Done!  The quilt is named "Supernova", and you can read the tutorial here.



6.  Prepare my blogposts for next week (while I'm at QuiltCon!)
In progress!  I've got them started, just need to take some pics to finish them out...

7.  Finalize the charities and sponsor requests for Hands2Help.
Done!  You can read about the charities by clicking on the Hands2Help page under the header picture, and boy do we have some good sponsors lined up!  Plenty of room for more, if you have any suggestions, though!

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away a few quilts this week...


This quilt went to a woman recovering from surgery...



...and this one went to a gentleman who just moved into a nursing home.


And this quilt went to another brand new baby in our church!

I also did more than a little cooking, but I think the best of the week was this pot of chicken noodle soup!


I made it in my Instant Pot using this recipe, and wow is it amazing!  My husband said it was a miracle cure...  I have to say, it is a really easy recipe and gives you a wonderful chicken broth at the end.  I added a bag of frozen mixed veggies after cooking the noodles, but that's the only change I made in the recipe.

So that's how my week went - not too bad, all in all but I didn't have very high expectations!  And this week will be even easier because.... (drum roll) ... very early Wednesday morning I'll be leaving for QuiltCon East in Savannah, GA!  I'm so excited - I have classes with Angela Walters, Christa Watson and Christina Cameli, plus I've got a whole day free to meet up with people I only know through blogs.  How exciting!  So no list for me this week - I won't be back  until late Sunday night, and don't really have time to do much but pull my supplies together and pack between now and Wednesday morning!  The grandkids are keeping me busy Monday and Tuesday mornings while my daughter works, so there's not much time for anything extra.  But I get to play with the kids!  So it's all good.

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. a very busy week ahead, but do have some fun time for yourself. Safe journeys. p.s. I sooo like the orange quilt and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and enjoy the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at Quiltcon! A bunch from Music City Modern Quilters will be there as well as friends from NC. You were lucky to get the classes you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on too many things like usual LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at Quilt Con. I finished the wedding quilt top last night. Now I have to find a backing fabric and get it quilted then make the pillowcases to go with it. I like it when a plan comes together. Also my friend and partner in quilt crime, Connie and I donated 8 quilts to the homeless shelter that will be opening up on Saturday. It has been a great week! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay for your trip to QuiltCon. Now, do me a big favor - walk up to Christina Cameli and give her a bear hug and tell her that Gene Black from Alabama says "Hello, my friend."

    (I have to say, my Instant Pot revitalized my cooking mojo. I love it more than any other small kitchen appliance in my house.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you're feeling better! I'm sure it was the chicken soup :) This week's ministry quilts gave me some good ideas...love how that pretty bird fabric was featured in the first one. And I've been looking for masculine quilt ideas so the D9P blue one was inspiring.

    My goal this week is to keep piecing tops in my little RV sweatshop. Have fun at QuiltCon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy Quilt Con, Hope to make it one year. Loving all the star quilts. I have made the 1st one and am working my way through the next couple. Keep'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness! Your head is going to explode with all that creativity from your class instructors :-) Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. finish antibiotics, hopefully say sayonara to 3 wks of bronchitis, start my stashbuster DWR sew along, make some doll clothes, do some volunteering, house work, hand quilting...that's about it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, Sarah, didn't you say you had a cold? Goodness! You got a lot done! Must be that chicken soup! ;) Your projects are so pretty - those Stashbuilder box quilts are colorful and cheery! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi from London, uk
    Love the supernova quilt. Gives me a chance to try HSTs. However, I'm unable to find a 7in square template and would appreciate alternative suggestions please. Could you please send me a PDF version to poche28@googlemail.com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!