Wednesday, August 29, 2018

I May Have A Scrap Problem.... Where Did August Go?

Hi, all!

Seriously, where did August go?  Didn't it just begin?  So much has been going on, I didn't get a chance to finish my quilt for Lilli, but I did finally get to the point where you can see the design start to show...


Here you can see the circle design, and how they will interlock like a double wedding ring quilt.  I've got all the blocks made except for 45 more of the blocks at the NSEW quadrant points, and I'll try to do a pile of them each week so I can get this finished.  I'm loving the colors, though, and I think Lilli will be very happy with it!  I'm aiming to finish it by the end of September.


And for my Scrap Attack project this month, I'll be adding Nathanael's annual quilt - a study in green scraps.  I'm still undecided on the design, but I saw this quilt recently on Instagram and it's definitely in the running!  My plan is to decide on a design by Labor Day so I can start working on this one too.

And now for some fun inspiration...


Selina of Selina Quilts did this beautiful tumbler table runner - what a great way to use up some fun scraps!


Don't have an easy way to cut tumblers?  Go for simple with this cutie - I bet it would be quick, too!


And I absolutely adore this very cool potholder - I'm guessing that you make it like a pineapple block, but start with a hexagon in the center.  This is definitely on my list to try!


This quilt just makes my heart sing - I love the scrappiness of it, but also the fun structure of the dark and light!  It feels very Gees Bend to me...


And how about this quilt for the game lover in your life?  Definitely a step up from plain old patchwork!

So a little progress this week, a lot of dreams, and a lot of inspiration!  How's your little scrap monster doing?

Hugs!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. I actually needed some mindless sewing last night so I started a scrappy rail fence. It will be a while in the making as I still have to get the quilt for the women's conference at church finished by Oct 1st. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My latest monster projects are a set of placemats and tablerunner for friends moving into a new home next week and a polaroid quilt for my raw edge project suggested by you. Can't tell you what a charge I got from seeing my Halloween runner in your post. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blues quilt definitely needs priority but the one in greens looks alluring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely going to try that hex Pineapple!!! A great way to showcase a fussy cut and build from there. Love Lilli's quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how Lilli's quilt is progressing. And I think the Gee Bends quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Quilt for Lili--such a pretty idea with the aquas and blues...and i like all the various cross patterns--just so pretty...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilli's quilt is awesome, Sarah! I love the secondary pattern. Making fall plans is inspiring. It's time to get back to sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to pull my Sept scrapattack project tonight. I LOVE that hourglass scrap quilt in light/dark...it's just WOW! Lilli's quilt is really taking shape and can't wait to see what you do for a green project for Nathanael. I'm still working on the receiving blanket quilt and I just got a new commission for a memory quilt...busy, busy, busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful quilts.Now I`m in the mood of sewing clothes, this week again pillow covers but not quilted only with a fussy fabric.
    Wishing you all a nice month

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!