Wednesday, December 11, 2019

I May Have A Scrap Problem - And No Time To Sew!

Hi, all!

I'm sure many of you are in the same boat as I am - way too much to do these days and not enough time to sew!  But that doesn't mean we can't dream, does it?  So here's some more inspiration to spark your creative juices and make you wish for a few more hours in the day...


Isn't this gorgeous?  The pattern is Slopes by Amanda Jean Nyburg.  What a great way to use up strings!


This pretty thing makes my fingers itch for a sewing machine and a mess of scraps!


This quilt is so simple - just scrappy bricks and an alternating solid - but it's so fresh and cheerful!


One more beautiful Christmas quilt - I really like the way the blocks are diamonds and not squares!


And this!  This just makes my heart sing.  Look at that fun quilting!  I do love me a great pillow cover....

So if, like me, you are overwhelmed by all that you need to do, try to carve out a few minutes to just play - it's good for your soul!  It will make everything go a little bit easier, I promise...

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. I do need to follow your idea, the machine is on the sewing desk once again, and threads are handy, Painting and mess is no excuse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely projects! Hope your closing and move go smoothly! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new-to-you home!! We just closed escrow on our retirement home in Arizona. Happiness is... I know you'll be happy in your new digs, especially being closer to your daughter and her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to clarify, we SOLD the home in AZ, not bought it! LOL We both have health issues that make owning another home a burden rather than a joy, so finding a buyer and having escrow close was a win-win situation.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous shot of inspiration for us, Sarah! Here's hoping you can carve out a bit more sewing time next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had more to do, pretty much done for the season at this point. I love the hustle and bustle of Christmas, but this year is just blah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pieces are indeed inspirational! The Slopes quilt especially catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the QuiltLady63 quilt expecially!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The one from "quiltlady63" makes me want to make a scrappy quilt where the blocks fade into almost pure white! Wouldn't that be fun and a great way to use up neutral scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely not enough time to sew! I think I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any idea where the pattern from QuiltLady63 can be found?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the projects. I have plenty of them but contract job and health have gotten in my way dang it. I'm working on catching up.
    Thanks for sharing and adding to projects to do list. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. This just makes my heart sing. Look at that fun quilting. You make great pillow cover. Thanks for sharing this article. Now it's time to avail shutters Birmingham for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!