Monday, April 6, 2020

Make-A-List Monday - Still Looking for Inspiration?

Hi, all!

Are you still hanging in there?  Or wandering around in a funk, missing your quilting mojo?  I feel like I've been making so-o-o-o-o many face masks - useful, helpful, but they don't require much thought or skill, and today I took a break and did some piecing that did require both thought AND skill.  


It was a good break, and I'm feeling more "centered" now.  Tomorrow I'll get back to making face masks - especially since there's so much more demand now.

In the meantime, if you're not making face masks, and need a little "something" to juice up your mojo, how about this quilt?


I've seen these cropping up on Instagram, as part of the #FreshlyQuiltedTP quilt-along.  The pattern is We're On A Roll by Java House Quilts.  What better way to commemorate this time than with a quilt with a sense of humor?  If I wasn't making so blasted many masks (needed, so needed) I'd jump on this one in a second.  

Have you seen any other quarantine quilt-alongs that have piqued your interest?  I'd love to hear about them - just mention them in the comments below!  

Here's hoping you have plenty of TP at your house!  

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. T P, ample here,. and if I ever needed a smile, this quilt gives us all a huge laugh. QAL, I am looking at one over at Sanda's and I have the blue batiks almost ready to go. Any QAL right now is a great distraction to the world wide crisis .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making a little house for each day we are self-isolated. And we just heard that they are extending for another 3 weeks (mandatory masks now if out) in our county.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Looking for a hacker near me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning on making the center of Bonnie Hunter's Sew-in-Place UNITY QAL quilt today. I signed up for a couple other quarantine projects, but chose to work on a couple of UFOs before getting involve in those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaa! The TP quilt!!! I think Americans have the best sense of humor! You gotta laugh a bit (and piece a bit) or you will cry.
    I'm gardening and finishing up my H2H quilts. Plenty to do here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to find that TP pattern for several years now. I just ordered it. I want to make a small version for my powder room wall.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!