Wednesday, April 14, 2021

I May Have a Scrap Problem - But "Me Sew Happy"!

 

Hi, all!

It's been a while since I wrote a post for Scrappy Wednesday!  It's just been so busy, and I didn't really have anything special to share - but I've joined in the Me Sew Happy quilt-along and now I do!  


Way back in February, this gorgeous quilt caught my eye on Instagram.  Imagine my excitement when I found out there was going to be a quilt-along!  So when it opened up on April 1st, I ordered my pattern and started digging through my scraps.


Look at all those beautiful bright fabrics!  I was fortunate enough to have a BUNCH of squares already pre-cut to 2.5", so I sorted through them until I found enough to make these four blocks....


For a week, these pretties graced my design wall all by themselves. Then it was time for the second block - a bit quicker this time, made even quicker by the fact that I also had 5" squares pre-cut in my scrap stash.  With a few minutes of trimming down to the right size, I had exactly what I needed for these blocks.


These worked up really quickly this morning - chain piecing is the bomb!  And now my design wall looks like this...


It's only half of the blocks for this quilt - there are still two sizes of hourglass blocks to make - but you can already see just how bright and cheerful it's going to be!  

And now I wonder what it would look like in low volume fabrics.....

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Lovely in those brights, a cascade waterfall of colour. You have done so well to get so much sewn so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those bright blocks, they really make me happy and such a great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the pattern and am pondering how to proceed color-wise. I'm a late joiner and may or may not keep up with the QAL but I WILL finish my quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!!!! I like the way your colors work in this scrap quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SEW bright, Sarah, and a ton of fun, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really do like this quilt. The colors are so happy and a great way to use up some of those bins in of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love that one! I have plenty of scraps so may have to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!