Home again, home again, jiggity jog! And while it was cold the last two days we were at the beach, here at home, it's now lovely, warm and springlike. It's wonderful outside, and I'm trying to achieve some balance between spending time working on the yard and time working on all the quilting commissions I have right now! I think I may start getting up earlier to get sewing time in so I can then play in the garden...
But let's see how last week's list went...
1. Add an intro and closing to the first guest blogger post for H2H.
Done! Susan did a great job with her post and gave us a fabulous tutorial - if you didn't see it Sunday you can check it out here.
2. Keep working on the vacation quilt.
Done! (OK, sort of!) I finished all 25 blocks, but the assembly will have to wait a while.
3. Work on a plan for the 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt-along.
I'm still thinking on this one. I have several ideas but nothing concrete yet (although one is really good, I think, and keeps bubbling up to the top!)
4. Have LOTS of fun with the grands!
Oh, we did have fun - so much, I forgot to take pictures! But we played on the beach (Emmy and Nathanael apparently don't feel the cold water when the ocean is involved - we could hardly get them out of the water!), we played Blink! and Uno and Dos, we watched ALL of the new King Kong/Godzilla movies including the newest one on HBO Max! It was a great trip all around!
It was a super vacation, but now the real world is coming on strong and I've got to get back to work! Here's what's on my plate for this week...
1. Cut out blocks for a new t-shirt quilt, and assemble/quilt.
2. Write an estimate for another t-shirt quilt, this one to celebrate a retirement!
3. Deconstruct blocks for another memory quilt, and for this one, I'm going to use a pattern from my new memory quilt book!
4. Make arrangements with all the interested parties to get my new oven installed. (This involves our schedule, the delivery men, my cabinet guy, and the installers - kind of like juggling eggs!)
5. Get a haircut - finally!
6. Start working on the yard in preparation for a meeting my husband is having here at the house in a couple of weeks.
7. Work on some quilts for our high school seniors.
This is certainly not an all-inclusive list - there are plenty more things I could add to it - but it's enough to keep me out of trouble this week. And hopefully keep me busy busy busy - because I decided that this would be a good time to try out intermittent fasting as I jump back into my diet with a vengeance. I had fallen off the wagon and gained some weight back, but decided to leave it on as it put me in an earlier category to qualify for the vaccine. Now that I've had mine, it's time to get back to work losing weight! I did my first day of IF today, and it went well - I started at 7 pm Sunday night and fasted until lunchtime today, and now I'm back in fasting mode. A new app called Fastic is helping me stay on track. Should be interesting!
So now, I really want to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?