Friday, June 23, 2023

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Ministry Quilts Everywhere!

 

Hi, all!

Friday has rolled around once again, and we all know what that means - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

It's been hard getting back into the swing of things this week, following my time in New Orleans, but I did manage to get some things done!  We are working on another big project for the quilt ministry - not as big as the last two, but still substantial - providing bed quilts for a local women's shelter.  They need five full size quilts, thirteen twin size quilts, plus we are going to send a large stack of kids' lap quilts for extra snuggling.  You may remember that I put together five full size tops, and I've been working on quilting those...



I've quilted two of them, as you can see above, and I've put binding on the top one and finished it, as you can see below!


I did a LOT of binding this week, finishing two at church Tuesday night and three more at home on Wednesday.  The three on the left are for general ministry use, and the two on the right (a twin and a full size) are for the women's shelter.


I also managed to get all the pieces cut out and labeled for the prototype for this year's 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt-along.  And amazingly enough, my calculations turned out to be correct, and I had figured out the right fabric requirements!  I'll be working on this next week when I'm away for a few days with my husband for his work conference.


And I wanted to share this cute little doodle that my youngest granddaughter Emmy did on a napkin the other day - her drawing skill always amazes me, and I love the amount of character these two little guys have!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


8 comments:

  1. Sarah, I didn't know you were back hosting the Whoop Whoop party again! I have missed you and your little dancing images. Sounds like you've been really busy and productive with your ministry quilting and yes -- love those napkin doodles! Do you do any embroidery? My first thought when i saw that picture was to transfer the doodles onto fabric and stitch over them, then surprise her by including that piece of fabric with her stitched doodle in a quilt or other gift for her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little doodle...had to look twice to see if you embroidered it for posterity....but not a paper napkin. Very cute drawing and wonderful job prepping your Christmas in July project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really get a lot of ministry quilts done, it seems. Good for you! And I second the idea of embroidering your granddaughter's cute doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work for the women's shelter! And very cute doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the doodle on the napkin. At first glance, I actually thought it was a child's drawing that you had embroidered onto fabric.
    Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job on the quilts this week! Yes, the drawing is very skilled-nice details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all you do Sarah - your generosity is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!