Friday, September 22, 2023

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Making Progress!

 

Hi, all!

Friday is upon us once again (it feels like it's been a VERY long week!) and we all know what that means - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Have you been working wonderful things this week?  I hope so!  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Last week I shared with you the beginnings of Nathanael's annual quilt, made using the sew-along tutorial from Kelli Fannin's blog....


Well, I'm very pleased to say that I have made some serious progress this week, and now my design wall looks like this!


I set myself a goal of completing one block a day, and so far, I've been able to keep up with that.  Weekends get a little complicated, but I'm hopeful of finishing this top by next Friday, or the following Monday.  There are four more blocks to go, and then assembling the top.  The blocks are fun to make but very time-consuming - lots of cutting of tiny little pieces and then sewing them back together again!  The Pikachu block has 135 pieces in it, if I remember correctly.  By the time I finish a block, I'm pooped!


I did take some time out today to go pick up Lilli after school so we could spend some time together.  Bree was VERY glad to see her, although I am not sure Lilli was quite as pleased!  But they love each other, despite appearances.  

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Good photo of Lilli and Bree. The Pokemon quilt is looking so good. I'm just working on getting some quilting done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pokemon is coming together SO WELL!! :)))
    I do look forward to your little happy dancing every Friday--
    they make me smile ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Nice work on the quilt. Hope you enjoyed the granddaughter time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pokemon is coming along great! Over 150 pieces in one block? I would lose my mind! It's a true labor of love for your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, that is a lot of tiny pieces! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop, Whoop! For sure! The Pokemon looks great. I've fallen off the edge or the world lately, because of chemo reactions that have been awful, and a UTI. BUT I will be back in a bit, and in the meantime, you're doing a great job with all your plans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how dogs have no respect for personal space. Love is always up close and cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!