Friday, September 1, 2023

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? One Down, Two to Go!

 

Hi, all!

Can you believe it's already Friday again??  The days pass fast when you're having fun!  In can you missed it, I'm currently in Italy, but I had time to write a post for this Friday and schedule it to go live so you all can share your whoop whoops along with me.  We'll be taking a week off next Friday, so whoop it up now!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Last week I shared the great progress I had made on Lilli's annual quilt, and I am so very pleased to say that her quilt top is done!  


It will have to wait until I return for quilting, but it's so nice to say that one top (of the three) is done for this year!  The pattern is Crunch Time by Kelli Fannin Quilts, and it was so well written it made it all easy!

What didn't make it easy, however, was my little "helper"!  As I was busily sewing in the sashing strips, thinking I was so close to being finished, I heard a loud "BOOM!" and the whole floor of my studio shook.  Turns out Bree had come in from outside, come upstairs to see me and launched herself from the upper level of the studio at a dead run, landing just behind my sewing chair and scaring the you-know-what out of me!  When I turned around, she was positively laughing at me.....


Isn't that the most malicious grin you ever saw?  Well, I told her I still had to do a little bit of sewing, so she decided she needed to "help" me.   A few minutes later, with a nearly whole quilt top on my lap, I looked down and saw this....


The little monkey was laying between the wall and my feet under my sewing table, spread out over about three feet.  You can see my sewing machine foot pedal just to the right in this picture - I had to set my foot on her tail to press it down!  But I did finally get that last seam sewn and pressed, and I devoted the rest of the afternoon to giving my little beastie the love and affection she demands.  It's a tough life!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?



What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


11 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time in Italy! I hope your Italian is working for you and you can communicate the basics. It's very nice Lilly's quilt top is finished before you left. Happy vacationing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, the top is gorgeous and so is Bree! I'm sure she will launch herself at you when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute. Kelli is one of my favorite designers. Enjoy your holiday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt! Great to have it done before leaving. Enjoy the vacation. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies look delicious! What a fun quilt! Enjoy Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet dog! I agree, that grin is malicious! Have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for the finish! That is an evil grin. Have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Still loving Lilli's quilt so much. Your dog is adorable, and yes, that grin is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for providing such great information. I really like that, I have some suggestions you might like Jordan Craig Jackets

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!