Monday, August 28, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - And Away We Go!!


 Hi, all!

Well Monday has rolled around once again, and not just any Monday - it's the week of our trip to Italy!  We are so excited but I am working hard to make sure we have everything we need with us (and nothing we don't!)  But before we get to all that, here's how last week's list went....

1.  Continue making blocks for Lilli's annual quilt.
Done!  Check back on Friday to see what happened - but I'll tease you with this cute block!


2.  Remind Emmy to make me more drawings for her quilt.
Done, and she assures me that she has it all under control....

3.  Bind a quilt for the quilt ministry - the last one for our current project.
I didn't do this one, because my friend who's making it had unexpected company and didn't get it finished yet.

4.  Write up my packing lists for Italy.
Done!  Or at least started - I imagine I'll be adding to them for the next two days as I get everything completed.  

It's funny - I have a list app on my phone that I use constantly, but for trips, somehow putting all the things down on physical paper clears my mind so I can concentrate on the task at hand.  Is it like that for any of you?  

So for this week, my list is very short and sweet....

1.  Pick out a hand project to take on our trip.

2.  Write two blogposts - this one and one for Friday. 
(That will be all I will post until we get back on 9/10.)

3.  Prep the house for our trip.

4.  Pack!

I don't think I'll have any time to spare for the studio this week, but if I do, I'll probably cut up some of the scraps I generated last week.  I've been good about keeping up with the new scraps, even if the old ones are still stagnating in boxes under the quilt frame.  Baby steps, right?


I plan on taking lots of pictures of Italy to share with you when I get back, along with eating LOTS of good food!  

So now, I really want to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. have fun forget about your blog while you are gone - we will all survive and be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know dogs love Italian food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip! I'm still working on my friends sewing/quilting stash (she died). It was day 5, and I still have lots to do (and I've had help every day, thank goodness).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a safe and fun trip to Italy. Lilli's blue block- is that Cookie Monster? So cute. Sometimes a list helps, but not when I forget to read it or have forgotten where it is, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm packing to move back to CA! Crazy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing the blocks for Lilli's quilt...and have a wonderful trip. I have an excel spreadsheet I edit/print out for trips. It does help me focus.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!