Monday, August 14, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - The Mojo Is In The Building!

 

Hi, all!

Monday has rolled around once again, with all the promise of a new week and a clean slate!  Do you feel like that about Mondays too, or do you find it hard to get back into the swing of things?  

Let's see how last week's list went....

1.  Quilt and bind three full size quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done!  It sure felt good to get this one off my plate!


2.  Work on the annual quilts for the grands.
Well, I located my patterns and found some more little drawings for Emmy's quilt - does that count?

3.  Quilt a baby quilt for the ministry.
Done!   This was a fun little panel quilt, and went quickly!


4.  Clean up the studio a bit.
I started, but then got caught up into another new project - one step forward, two steps back!

5.  Look at some vintage blocks sent to me by my cousin and see what I can do with them.
Oh, have I been having fun with this one!  I can feel my creative mojo juices flowing again, which is wonderful!  Here's what it looks like so far...


Any week where I wake up on Monday morning itching to get back into my studio is a good week!  And this project had me zooming through my Monday chores so that I could play at the sewing machine again.  It's a lot of precision cutting, where I can't make an error in cutting because each jelly roll strip has to go all the way across the quilt.  If I goof, I've got a problem!  I had to add three strips from my stash, both to fill in three rows that took more than 42", and to fill in so I had enough to complete the top, but I think they blend in pretty nicely.  The jelly roll I am working with is by Jen Kingwell, called Lookout.  The colors work beautifully with the vintage embroidered pieces!

So here's what's on my plate for this week...

1.  Complete the vintage block top.

2.  Pull fabrics for Lilli's annual quilt.

3.  Choose solid colors for Nathanael's annual quilt.

4.  Clean up some in the studio.

5.  Work in the front flower beds (if weather permits).

Not a long list, but I really need to work on those front flower beds, and according to the weather app, it's supposed to be 75 and sunny tomorrow - the perfect weather for working in the garden!  So I'll be out there first thing in the morning and will work as long as my body lets me.  Getting old stinks!  But the next three days are supposed to be cooler, so hopefully I can get it all done before it heats up again.


And because I haven't posted a picture of Bree lately, here she is with a new toy I got her today.  And wonder of wonders, she still hasn't killed it, ten hours later!

So now, I really want to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can so relate to your gardening issues, I cannot be out in the heat any longer. Between the drought and my laziness the grass wasn't cut since May!! I finally paid my granddaughter to do it yesterday. Yay for healthy young teens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you are setting the embroidered blocks with the perfectly matched strips!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!