Friday, August 11, 2023

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? The Decks are Clearing....

 

Hi, all!

It's Friday!  I know my grands are definitely ready for the weekend - the first week of school is always a hard adjustment.  But it's been a good week for sewing for me, and maybe for you too - so let's get our whoop whoop on!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I had a very productive week, which started off with a bang.  My husband had to be at church very early Sunday morning, so I went with him and did a little work in the quilting room.  I took this stack of fabric...


...and turned it into all these beautiful cut and folded pieces!


But that was just Sunday!  Next up was finishing the t-shirt quilt, and I'm pleased to say that it is done!


Next on my list was the three full-size quilts that needed quilting and binding for the quilt ministry.  Despite having Nana duties Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday after school, those three went on the frame and are all finished!  


Thursday I did some errands in the morning, but had time to quilt in the afternoon, so I threw this cute little baby quilt on the frame.  A quick quilting, binding, and it's all done too!


But my biggest whoop whoop this week happened on Thursday, when I stopped by our local antique store to check out something I saw on their Instagram feed.  I am a sucker for oatmeal glass, amber colored in particular, and I thought I saw a piece in a photo they shared.  So I dropped in, hoping it would still be available, and lo and behold, it was!


Isn't that pretty?  It will join my large platter, medium size deep bowl, and punchbowl and cups, to be brought out and displayed as we get a little closer to fall!  But after finding that beauty, I turned around and spotted a pile of vintage quilts - and one of them was something special!


This is made of feed sack fabrics (in the fans) and is in near-perfect condition - no tears and only a couple of minor stains.  And it was marked at a ridiculously low price, so I snapped it up too!  I didn't dare look around any more, afraid of what else I would find, but I think I had a pretty good haul - what about you?

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop! What a fantastic week you've had! Your sewing progress is inspiring, and that t-shirt quilt looks amazing. And those vintage finds, especially the feed sack quilt, are pure gems. Love the oatmeal glass too! Major whoop whoop for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find at the thrift shop! Yay for finishing the t-shirt quilt, too! I have a couple of those waiting to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finds at the antique store! And great progress on the to-do list this week for you.

    I've continued to work at what was my dad's house on clearing out things. Will be back up there this afternoon to more stuff bagged up for the trash, and a pile of stuff for donation. I did find more UFO's - quilt ones from my maternal Great-Grandmother, a quilt one from my maternal Grandmother, and embroidery and cross-stitch ones from my mom. So fun finds as well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop! Whoop! What a wonderful week you have had. :) Thanks for the chance to share with others. That fan quilt is a special find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work you accomplished in the studio! The thrift store finds are superb! I love those kind of pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You accomplished so much! I wish I could say the same. I'm tickled pink you found that wonderful vintage quilt! It's lovely! I have such a weakness for those quilts and quilt tops. I know you'll take great care of that lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing finds, that's incredible. And well done on all your quilts !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sew glad you rescued that lovely quilt from the antique shop. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!