Friday, February 9, 2024

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? A Bit of This and That!

 

Hi, all!

Welcome to the (almost) weekend!  It's finally Friday, and we all know what that means - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  If you're new here, you should know that this doesn't have to be a finish - just something you're happy about.  We all need to celebrate the little things, don't we?  So let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

It's been a busy week around my place, starting with a re-visit of the bargello process...


As I made my first version, I realized there were some things I could do differently that would make the process easier.  So I decided to give it another whirl!  I tried to work more with the size of my vertical cuts, and while I made some mistakes - this one doesn't have an easy flow to it - I learned a lot that will help me the next time I try a bargello!


But once I finished that top, it was time to put away the sewing machine and start some serious t-shirt quilt planning.  I spent most of the day Thursday putting together the to-scale paper plan for a customer quilt - whew!


And one more thing I did this week - I made my first Tres Leches cake from scratch, and it was delicious!  My husband said it was a lovely thing to eat after a bowl of spicy chicken tortilla soup - creamy and sweet, and it has to be good for you with all that milk, right??

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!