Friday, February 2, 2024

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Short Week, But Productive!

 

Hi, all!

Wow! This has been a short, fast week (we went to Phoenix for my husband's work Sunday to Tuesday) but it's finally Friday, and we all know what that means - - - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I wasn't sure how much I would have to share this week, but when I looked back at where things stood last Friday, I saw this picture...


...and realized that I had a finished top to share with you!   I love the way this one turned out....


I think I'll call it Woven!  And it did turn out just like I hoped it would.  I'd be interested to see what it looks like in three shades of the same color!

For the last couple of days, since returning from Phoenix, I've been working with these pretty fabrics....


...making my first attempt at a bargello quilt!  I'm learning as I go, but I like where it's going so far.

I'm hoping to finish the flimsy tomorrow, if I get some uninterrupted sewing time.  I'm thinking about taking a second go at this pattern to see if some ideas I had while working on this version would work!



And with any luck, I'm hoping to start this year's tutorial series this coming Sunday!  I hope you'll join me as we work with fat quarters this year - it's been loads of fun making the prototypes, and I've worked through a ton of fat quarters so far!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?

Let's hope he doesn't see his shadow today!

What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. You've got a good start on your bargello quilt, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your woven quilt top. The colors and placement are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Woven top and the bargello looks great so far. The bargello pattern looks intimidating, yet it has such an appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, that Woven quilt is gorgeous. The colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Woven! It looks very fun and Yes! a great inspiration for playing with some colorways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful 'experiments' in the fat quarters! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great ideas on your blog today! Love the bargello! And you inspired me to tackle my batting scrap pile, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!