Monday, November 15, 2010

Make-A-List Monday #21! And the 15th post for NaBloPoMo....

Hi, all!

It's a foggy morning in Middle Tennessee - it makes it feel kind of quiet and introspective here.  My friend Mike came and used his giant mower to chew up all our leaves this weekend, so I can actually see grass in my backyard - it makes a pretty picture as I see the horses coming out to eat, walking through the fog.

I had a good, productive week - here's the rundown on last week's list:


1.  Finish the Dr. Seuss quilt for the quilt ministry.  Done!  This quilt came out so nice - you can read the full story in my blogpost from last Friday.


2.  Piece at least one back for the three memory quilts job.  Done!  I pieced all three backs, PLUS I finished quilting two of them - now on to the binding!!

3.  Pull fabric for a man's quilt for quilt ministry.  I've started working on this - I think I am going to use reclaimed men's shirts for the fabric for this quilt, and I spent Friday evening cutting out the usable fabric from the seams on a pile of shirts!  Now to drag out my GO! Cutter and get cutting!!

4.  Catch up on blocks for Wed. night sewing group.  Done!  This week we start on HSTs - that should be fun!!

5.  Create mug rug pattern for Christmas gifts.  I've drawn several designs and hope to get time to put a couple together to see what works best.


And here's what I'm working on this week.....

1.  Bind the two large memory quilts.

2.  Finish a baby quilt for the quilt ministry.

3.  Make up a couple of mug rugs to test patterns.

4.  Make a reversible Christmas dress for a friend's daughter.

5.  Put together Audrey's bee blocks.

6.  Cut blocks for man's quilt for the quilt ministry.

OK, I think that's enough for this week!  

And now, the burning question - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Later!

Sarah


PS There's a great giveaway going on at Retro Mummy - be sure to check it out!!


And another giveaway at Burgundy Buttons!!  Oh, the loot that's up for grabs in blogland!!!

11 comments:

  1. As soon as I get my sewing room put back together, I'm going to work on some mug rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reversible dress!!! you do do everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. My you are productive. Love the Dr. Suess quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That's enough for several weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW,girlfriend - you are one busy woman! I'm loving your posts and can't wait to see more of your quilts. I'm thinking for my coming week, I will have my FIL's Christmas quilt top done and need to be frantically working on my Christmas ornaments that I hand out to peeps on Thanksgiving day. SEW ON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a lot of work this week! I'm always so impressed by the amount you accomplish :-)

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl...you are busy as a bee!
    I was thinking about calling you tomorrow...if that would be all right!! Can't wait to meet you. I don't know a quilting soul here....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing progress this week, once again! I'm especially interested in your man's quilt from recycled shirts. I've got quite the stash of those from a couple previous projects and I need to sew another one to use some up. As for me this week, I'm back to sewing clutches for Christmas gifts, and am so thankful for your zippers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey we are halfway through National Blog Posting Month. Yay!! I really want to get my Kiwiana quilt finished so am furiously quilting every night. Sending your parcel tomorrow too BTW :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Momma Mia! You are a busy girl! :o)
    I took a couple of days to cut out a quilt. Now all I need to do is sit still and sew. :o)
    Before I do that though, I have a stack of papers that need grading, but at least the quilt it cut out and ready to go. :o)
    Have a great week!
    Sincerely - Trish

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!