Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Better Late Than Never - Toddlerless Tuesday Report!

Hi, all!


Better late than never, right?  I was so busy yesterday, and then sat down on the sofa to write a blogpost and just fell asleep!  So - it's a Wednesday report on Tuesday's activities!


After dropping Lilli off at preschool yesterday, I had to run some errands (partly to get ready for our vacation!)  But in the course of running those errands, I checked out a new quilt shop opening up near where I live.  It's called The Quilter's Path and it's run by a very sweet lady named Marita.  I think she's going to do great business - she has a really pretty and inviting shop, and absolutely fabulous prices!!  Her grand opening is this Saturday, so I won't be able to go, but I hope it goes well!  It's nice to have a LQS with good prices....  another shopping alternative!


Then I came home and quilted a top that was pieced by Debora, one of the ladies in our quilt ministry group.  This is such a pretty combination of fabrics, and she did a great job with it!




So this quilt was quilted, bound, washed and dried yesterday, and it's ready to be delivered to its new owner - a lady battling cancer.    I also started cutting out the pieces for the Hawaiian ministry quilt, too.  I am loving my GO! Cutter these days.....     And that's what I did with my toddlerless Tuesday time!  

Come back tomorrow for pictures from the quilt show in Paducah......

Later!

Sarah

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is a snuggling quilt, a comfort quilt, a loving quilt. This the kind of quilt I like to make, to give , and to have in my home.

beth said...

What a pretty collection of fabric in that quilt! So pretty.

Auntie Pami said...

That is a pretty quilt!

Debbie said...

Beautiful quilt, love the colours!!

Greetings Debbie from Holland
http://handwerkenzo.blogspot.com/

Ann Flowers said...

Lovely! What a wonderful warm and inviting quilt. I am sure it will bring her much comfort!!!


Ann Flowers

KatieQ said...

It's great to hear that a new quilt shop is opening near where you live. In the last few years, 3 have closed in our area and another is in the process of closing now.
It's amazing how a simple pattern can look so lovely with the right fabric. I'm sure the recipient of this quilt will be comforted by it.

Diane E W said...

New LQS? You'll have to let me know where it is. Beautiful quilt, have a nice and relaxing vacation.

Micki said...

That is a striking quilt! Great job!
Micki