Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Better Late Than Never - Toddlerless Tuesday Report!

Hi, all!


Better late than never, right?  I was so busy yesterday, and then sat down on the sofa to write a blogpost and just fell asleep!  So - it's a Wednesday report on Tuesday's activities!


After dropping Lilli off at preschool yesterday, I had to run some errands (partly to get ready for our vacation!)  But in the course of running those errands, I checked out a new quilt shop opening up near where I live.  It's called The Quilter's Path and it's run by a very sweet lady named Marita.  I think she's going to do great business - she has a really pretty and inviting shop, and absolutely fabulous prices!!  Her grand opening is this Saturday, so I won't be able to go, but I hope it goes well!  It's nice to have a LQS with good prices....  another shopping alternative!


Then I came home and quilted a top that was pieced by Debora, one of the ladies in our quilt ministry group.  This is such a pretty combination of fabrics, and she did a great job with it!




So this quilt was quilted, bound, washed and dried yesterday, and it's ready to be delivered to its new owner - a lady battling cancer.    I also started cutting out the pieces for the Hawaiian ministry quilt, too.  I am loving my GO! Cutter these days.....     And that's what I did with my toddlerless Tuesday time!  

Come back tomorrow for pictures from the quilt show in Paducah......

Later!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. This is a snuggling quilt, a comfort quilt, a loving quilt. This the kind of quilt I like to make, to give , and to have in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty collection of fabric in that quilt! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, love the colours!!

    Greetings Debbie from Holland
    http://handwerkenzo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! What a wonderful warm and inviting quilt. I am sure it will bring her much comfort!!!


    Ann Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to hear that a new quilt shop is opening near where you live. In the last few years, 3 have closed in our area and another is in the process of closing now.
    It's amazing how a simple pattern can look so lovely with the right fabric. I'm sure the recipient of this quilt will be comforted by it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New LQS? You'll have to let me know where it is. Beautiful quilt, have a nice and relaxing vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a striking quilt! Great job!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!