Monday, May 30, 2011

Make-A-List Monday #49! Happy Memorial Day!!

Hi, all!


A different kind of Monday for me today - because of the holiday, my hubby is home and my granddaughter isn't!  Hopefully I'll get a little sewing done today, because it's going to be a short week for me....  But first, let's see how I did on last week's list....



1.  Finish and deliver the new ministry quilt.
Done!  This beauty was delivered last Tuesday and is in the hands of its new owner...




2.  Applique the flowers on the front of the first H2H quilt.
Done!  I did something a little different and appliqued them to fleece, then did some detail stitching on them before attaching them to the quilt.
3.  Piece a back for the first H2H quilt.
Done!  Used up lots of the scraps from the front...
4.  Quilt the first H2H quilt.
Partially done - the Juki developed a skipped stitch just before I finished quilting this, so I can't finish it until the repair man comes out on Tuesday.




5.  Piece the top for the second H2H quilt.
Done!  And not only did I get the top finished, I also pieced the back!!




So - I did manage to finish all the stuff on my list last week - ok, well, except for the quilting, but that was beyond my control!  This week, I'll be going to Richmond for a big family birthday party, so I won't have much time for sewing, but I do hope to get a few things done...

1.  Finish quilting the first H2H quilt.

2.  Quilt the second H2H quilt.

3. Machine sew the bindings on both H2H quilts.

4.  Sew some more of the strips for my Marine quilt.

I think I'll be lucky if I get all of that done, so I'll leave it at that!  

What are you working on this week?

Later!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. I love the way the flowers look. I almost always pad my applique, but have used batting. I love the idea of fleece. Do you just use regular blanket fleece or a special kind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the applique. What kind of fleece did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. your finishes...have put me to SHAME! Fun quilt projects! Did you enter them in the FYPChallenge? =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love seeing all of your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get your machine repaired?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't catch exactly what you meant about appliquéing onto fleece. Did you use it as 'batting' or did it stick out some? Wouldn't that be a nice technique, to let the fleece edge protrude? It sure looks great, whatever you did!

    And, what did the repair guy find was the problem? What is a sole plate on a sewing machine, btw? I googled it and it seems to be what an iron glides on. I think us sewers need to be more educated about problem symptoms and what to do to prevent problems.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!