Friday, September 2, 2011

Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?? Baby Steps....

Hi, all!


Friday again - doesn't it feel like the summer has just flown by?  But at least we get to look forward to those beautiful cooler fall days.  And that means more sewing, at least for me!  


I didn't get so much done this week - a few little finishes like this bee block....


...which was really so much fun and so simple I may make some more...


....and this quilt got finished up and delivered for the quilt ministry...




...and I'm working on hand quilting this pretty Kate Conklin design, Scattered Showers...




I picked out a blue and a green hand quilting thread, and I'm stitching 1/4" around each colored block.  I think it's going to look great - but I've got just over a week to get it done!  What was I thinking!  But hopefully next Friday this will be my big finish....


So what have you  been working on this week?  Start, finish, or somewhere in between - share with us!  We want to cheer you on!!  You can link up until Saturday at midnight - so come join the party!  It's time to do a little whoop-whooping!!


Later!


Sarah


11 comments:

  1. Scattered Showers is so pretty - can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a week to hand quilt....you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really liking that bee block! Looks simple but really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee block is very pretty with the Coal:) Looks to be Kate Spain;)

    Yes autumn is coming--my favorite time of the year:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am imagining how pretty the hand quilting is going to look on that Scattered Showers quilt! Love the wonky star bee block and the wavy line quilting in the quilt ministry quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hand quilting is going to be perfect on Scattered Showers. Love that name BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! I'm so excited to see my blocks pooping up on people's blogs! And I think I just bought that jelly roll in the 2nd picture a couple of weeks ago - so cool to see it in action!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argh! Popping! I meant popping! Not pooping!

    Is it Friday or what?

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - hand quilting? I love that quilt and can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Bee block and I really like your Scattered Showers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work all ! I forgot about this again @@ but didn't get much sewing done last week anyway !! there is always next week !

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!