Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Make-A-List Monday #64! Wait, it's Tuesday????


Hi, all!

How did it get to be Tuesday already?  Monday just flew by and my blogpost completely escaped me.....  Oh well, time for a fresh start! Let's see how I did on last week's list...



1.  Make that sample top for 100 Quilts for Kids!
Done!  And I got the back done too!



2.  Finish the silent auction quilt.
Done!  Isn't it gorgeous?




3.  Finish at least two more ministry quilts.
Whoops - didn't get to this, but I have a good excuse - 
both my FMQ feet for my Juki went on the fritz, and
I went on the search for replacements.  
Let me tell you - 
I have the world's greatest husband!
He found the foot on the internet -
took one look at the price -
then looked at the foot and told me
he could fix it with a small piece of hardware
from Lowes! And he did!!
The man is a genius!!
So hopefully, I'll be back to quilting 
on my frame later this week......

4.  Photograph and organize recent donations to the quilt ministry.
Partially done...  I got to these....



 ...these are still in piles in my workroom...



...but I did get these beautiful blocks from Michelle 
up on the design wall!



5.  Cut kits for our 100 Quilts For Kids challenge!
Done!  A friend came over yesterday and we cut hundreds
of five inch squares from about 50 different novelty
and juvenile prints that we had in the stash.


So what's on tap for this week?

1.  Get all those lovely folded fabrics integrated 
into the stash wall!

2.  Quilt the 100 Quilts For Kids quilt.

3.  Quilt at least three ministry quilts.

4.  Host a 100 Quilts For Kids quilt-along 
at my house this Saturday!

I'm going to stop there, because I have GOT to get to those ministry quilts - I've currently got eight needs on the list, and it keeps growing!

So what are you working on this week?

Later!

Sarah


PS - be sure to check out the giveaway going on a 1Choice4Quilting - she's looking for your best quilting tips and she's giving away some lovely prizes!!

7 comments:

  1. I'll be dropping off the two finished quilts at my LQS for the flood victims donation and will pick up two more flimsies to complete. Finishing quilting one of my own. Paired up backing with 4 tops - 2 will need to go to the long armer because of size and the other 2 I will do on my domestic machine. Oh, and I should do a little housework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! lots of stuff on your list. what happened to your Juki feet? how did you fix them? I have a tl98q.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for hubbies that make it work!

    I'm making some baby things for our niece's new little girl. A little dyeing and a little sewing, but no quilting.

    The blue blocks are gorgeous and so is your silent auction quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt ministry is so inspiring. It is wonderful that you have people who donate fabric to help you with this ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those blocks look so much better on your design wall, than they did in my closet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! your are one busy lady! i think it's wonderful that you use your sewing talents for ministry. what a blessing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hubs is the man! Good for him on coming up with a cheaper fix.

    Love seeing what you've got going on. Michelle's blocks are gorgeous up on your design wall!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!