Friday, December 2, 2011

Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?? I've been AWOL...

Hi, all!


Wow, it has been a week!  I was so busy getting caught up on stuff, and trying to get things done before my surgery, that I didn't have time to do any blog posts during the day - and then I kept falling asleep in the evenings when I could have been writing blogposts and catching up on everyone's blog!  So today's post will be sort of a combination of all my posts for the week...


First of all, here's the recap on last week's to-do list...



1.  Make a back for and quilt the commission quilt.
Done!  Here's just a teaser (since it's a gift - I'll show more after Christmas....)



2.  Work on hand-quilting Lilli's quilt.
Done!  The hand quilting is finished - now I just have to quilt the borders and bind it and it'll be finished!  

3.  Quilt one quilt for the ministry.
Done!  This one went to an older gentleman with cancer...



4.  Decorate the house for Christmas!
Done!  The kids (daughter, son-in-law, and Lilli) came over last Friday for "Decorate Nana's House For Christmas Day"!  Here's just a small sample of what we worked on...


So that's what I got done on last week's list.  This week, my list was very long, because it's filled with stuff I need to get done before my surgery on the 13th.  

1.  Finish a quilt for the Monday night prayer service.

2.  Finish a quilt for a woman with cancer.

3.  Finish Lilli's quilt.

4.  Bind and deliver the commission quilt.

5.  Cut out my friend's upholstery pieces.

6.  Quilt my friend's quilt top.

7.  Make a quilt for a gift.

8.  Christmas shop.

9.  Make a dress for Lilli.

10.  Get the house ready for the quilt ministry's 
Christmas party!

I don't know if I'll get all this done this week, but it's kind of my running list for the next two weeks.  So far, though, I finished this quilt for the ministry (one of Sharon's pretty scrappy tops)...


.... and this one, also for the ministry (another of Sharon's tops!)....


As you can see, my little assistant is helping me "light up" the quilt - the last one didn't come out of the dryer until after the sun had set, so I had to take these pics in the house, where the lighting isn't so good.  Lilli brought her princess flashlight into play to help me out!  She was in the mood to have her picture taken today, though, and I caught this cute one...


So that's what I've been working on all week, and why I've been AWOL - I sure have missed all those emails that come from comments received and comments I've made - so I hope I won't be so busy that I can't blog soon!

And now it's your turn!  
What have you been working on this week?  
Are you working on Christmas presents, or are you 
one of those amazing people who gets it all done early 
and can sit back and relax in December?  
Share your accomplishments with us by linking up below - 
and don't forget to cheer on your fellow 
linky party participants!  

Hugs!

Sarah

22 comments:

  1. Sarah - I am so glad I sent those quilt tops off too you - how you and your girls have made them shine. And they are off to a new home to wrap someone in need, like they should. Thank you so much. You are in my thoughts and many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you get a lot done, Sarah. Those are such nice quilts you've completed. Your Christmas tree is so bright and festive--and your little elf is always adorable. I hope your list for next week gets completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at what YOU can get done in a such a short time. You are just amazing!
    I'm still working on gifts, close to finishing up on a couple, yet to start on a few more. I need to figure out your system of how to get 48 hours of work done in just a 24 hour day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to Lilli's quilt when you can share it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you have been AWOL. You certainly were able to complete alot! I'm still working on gifts but hope to have the final one done next week (finger's crossed)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! She is getting so big and her hair is getting so long. What a blessing to have them close by. Can't wait to see her quilt! Take care and be sure to stay rested. I know you don't sleeep--you get too much done. I found my camera cord, so hopefully tomorrow will be bright out instead of dark and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you got alot done this week!
    Good luck with the surgery on the 13th. That is St. Lucia Day - A good day to have surgery. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!
    Thanks for hosting - love linking up!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying your surgery goes well.

    Lilli has the most beautiful hair:)

    We still have to decorate--maybe today...been saying that for the last few days;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! I can't believe how much you accomplished!!! You're my hero today, that's for sure. :) I really hope your surgery goes perfectly and that you have a nice, fast recovery.

    (P.S. - I'll try reloading the post, but I can't see the linkup)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely quilts! HOpe you're feeling o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whew - you have been busy! It is amazing how much time we get back when we stay away from the net, isn't it? What a cute helper!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to work on presents - but it's a little hopeless at the moment. We've been so busy and home/house projects have taken priority over my sewing or knitting plans. You have been so productive! I'll be praying for your good health as your surgery approaches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a busy week & week ahead. Your to-do's are like mine; always aggressive!

    Prayers for your surgery & speedy recovery!

    Quilts are lovely as always! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always your to-do list takes away my breath... I think I need to go take a nap just thinking about it :) I have marked 12/13 on my calendar to make sure to pray for your surgery and follow up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Working on gifts but only have one more tree skirt to finish. Made both of my granddaughters fleece robes but they are going on a train ride "Polar Express" tonight so I gave them to them early to wear. But they don't know that I made their American Girl dolls too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will post my picture later ; LILLI is cuter than ever ! she's starting to look extra cute ! Too bad her and my brown eyed red haired Sophie can't get together and play and we could take pictures ! I hope you are doing well . And I shall start praying now for the 13th . God bless you Sarah .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet! You are an amazing lady! You totally motivate me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've gotten lots done again this week but getting that cute pic of Lilli is maybe the best part! She's growing up so fast and getting more lovely every time I see her! You must miss her being with you during the days still.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck pulling together all those little details (and not so little projects) before your surgery! It looks like Lilli will keep things under control just fine while you recuperate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for another terrific quilt show! Your "assistant" is adorable.

    I must have missed a post. Surgery! Eke! I will keep you in my thoughts dear Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving the look of that top quilt...such bright colors. Meanie making us wait!!

    Your tree looks amazing. I just put mine up a couple of days ago. Finally getting some Christmas spirit!

    The photo of Lilly...just GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just found your blog. You've been a busy girl. Your little assistant is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!