Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hands2Help - Time To Show Off Your Progress!


Hi, all!

Well, it's Sunday again, and we're almost a month into this year's Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge!  Maybe you're like me, and haven't begun your quilt yet - or maybe you've already finished!  This linky party will give you a chance to show off your progress.  So link up and show us what you're doing!

While I haven't started on mine, I do know what I'm planning on doing.  My Hands2Help quilt will also be a design template for quilts that our church will be making to take to Ethiopia in October on a mission trip.  We will be having a family workday in May to work on making quilt tops - should be lots of fun helping new folks put their tops together. 

The top we will be making will be made of six 10" x WOF strips sewn together, then cut across the seams lengthwise.  We'll then insert a 5" wide solid colored strip that the kids can write a message or draw a picture on.  These quilts will be taken to children in an orphanage where our church will be working.  

I need to get to work on this quilt so we'll have the design worked out ahead of time!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

So now it's your turn to link up and show off your progress.  You can link to an old post or a new one, or to a picture on Flickr.  Your choice, just show us what you've been working on!!  I can't wait to see!!

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. I've posted photos of the quilt I'm donation. Maybe it will light a fire under me to get them quilted...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The postage stamp quilt is almost done - a definite 'finish it up' tomorrow project. Then on to the second one - which will go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 lap quilts are completed. 1 child's quilt needs binding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got 24 blocks sewn together but no pictures yet. Maybe soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pictures yet, but I just need to finish the binding! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! And I always respond if I can - if you don't hear from me, you're probably a no-reply blogger - so leave an email address if you are!