Can you believe it's almost May? This year is just flying by... and now we're getting to boating season and the time for summer blockbuster movies - my favorite time of the year! But there's still plenty of time for other projects...
So let's see how I did on last week's list...
1. Hang the ceiling fan in the guest room.
2. Hang the blinds and curtains.
Done! Look how pretty it is...
3. Quilt and bind two quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done! These two have been delivered already..
|Quilt #1 - The front...|
4. Quilt a top for a friend.
Done! This was a fun commission job...
5. Pull fabrics for my H2H quilt.
Done! And I've even got the flimsy started...
|It's missing something - I'm trying to figure out if|
red binding will bring it all together...
6. Go to the AQS Quilt Show in Paducah, KY!!
(Yep, that's right - we're taking nine ladies on an overnight adventure to the show and Hancock's of Paducah!)
Done! We had a ball - but what happens in Paducah stays in Paducah - and these guys are there to make sure of it!!
|I believe they go by Quiltman and Bobbin...|
But seriously, I took a great class in long arm quilting with templates, and here's a sample of what I learned how to do...
It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to try it on a real quilt!
And now, for this week...
1. Make valance and curtain panels for guest room closet.
2. Quilt a man's quilt for the ministry.
3. Piece and quilt a couple's quilt for the ministry.
4. Quilt two quilts for H2H.
5. Make my own hand block!
6. Write a Sweatshop blogpost this Wednesday!
7. Finish pulling together the guest room.
8. Contact more potential sponsors for H2H!
I think that's enough for this week - maybe I'll be lucky enough to get some extra things one too!
And just for fun, guess what = = = one of my quilts has been published!!
Those are my beautiful girls and down in the bottom right, underneath Emmy's foot? Lill's Christmas quilt! Here's a shot of it that shows a little more...
My daughter was the editor of a magazine put out by Lifeway and this was the picture on the editor's page last month. I just wish they had shown a little bit more of the quilt!
So now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?
PS weird things going on with my fonts tonight, but the Internet is skipping in and out on me, so I'm going to go ahead and post while I can. Please just bear with me!