I hope you had a good and productive week! It seems like a long time since I last posted a to-do list, but it's actually been less than a week. A strange week for me, because there's been a lot of cleaning and not much sewing! I miss my sewing machine....
Here's how I did on last week's list -
1. Finish up the guest rooms so they are warm and inviting!
Done! How do you think I did?
2. Put away the stacks of stuff that have accumulated around the house.
Done! I found countertops that I hadn't seen in quite a while!
3. Clean the house until it shines!
Done! Very shiny!!
4. Bind two quilts for the ministry.
Done! I finished these two off...
5. Make a back for a ministry quilt.
6. Quilt and bind a third ministry quilt.
Done! A friend brought by a quilt with back just before I sat down to make a back for another one, so I popped it on the frame instead!
7. Keep up with any other ministry needs that come up!
Done! We ended up giving away seven quilts last week - fortunately we had some already made up but now those have to be replaced....
I also realized that I forgot to give you all an update on the little sewing machine that my friend found for me at an estate sale...
I bought it based on the above photo, otherwise sight unseen.
When I actually got my hands on her, I was astonished! She was clean as a whistle, and ran perfectly. She stitches as well as my Juki - beautifully balanced stitches, perfectly consistent stitch length. I was trying to decide what to name her, but hadn't come up with anything. When Lilli saw her, her first question was, "What did you name her, Nana?" I told her I hadn't decided yet, so she told me I should name her Leah, and then she could call her little Janome Leah's daughter!! So I guess this is Leah! I need to clean up her case a bit - I think I'm going to strip off the old coverings and recover her with a nice laminated fabric. Unless someone has another suggestion?
OK, enough of that. Now it's time to come up with this week's list...
1. Finish off the quilt that's on the frame right now.
2. Quilt at least five quilts for Rogersville.
3. Quilt one ministry quilt for a woman with cancer.
4. Quilt a ministry quilt for a man who had a stroke.
5. Help set up the quilt display for Gladefest.
6. Work on craft show items.
7. Make dinner for a shut-in couple at our church.
8. Keep up with ministry needs.
I don't know that I can get all this done - I've got company until Wednesday morning, then Emmy all day on Wednesday - but my hubby will be helping a friend move some furniture across the state on Saturday, so I'll have all day with no responsibilities. If I've got the tops and backs ready to go, I'll have to see how many quilts I can quilt in a marathon session!
And now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?