Is it really almost the middle of September? How does the time fly so quickly? My FIL and SIL are coming to visit this week - when they gave us the dates for their visit, it seemed like such a long time away - but now it's here, and you know what that means - dreaded housework! Oh well.... but first let's see how I did on last week's list...
1. Make quilts for a mother and son who were in a bad car wreck this past week.
Done! Both these quilts were delivered today!
2. Bind the quilt for my FIL.
Done! I can't wait for him to see the finished quilt!
3. Finish up the guest room and mini guest room for our upcoming company.
Partly done... I moved the furniture around in the mini guest room today, but I still need to make the bed up. I've done some of the work in the main guest room - mainly I just need to get some tools and things moved out of there.
4. Quilt at least five quilts for Rogersville.
I managed to get six quilts ready for binding...
5. Make three computer sleeves for the craft show.
Well, they're cut out - but that's all....
6. Make six journal covers for the craft show.
Same here - all cut out and no place to go!
7. Make two first aid kit rollups for the craft show.
Cut but not sewn!
8. Keep up with ministry needs as they arise.
Done - and the reason why I didn't get to the craft show stuff! In addition to the mother-and-son quilts in #1 above, I've been working on three other quilts for the ministry.
I also didn't get to some of my list because I had Saturday morning with my sewing sisters - and taught a class in free motion quilting. Getting ready for that took some time!
That's what I got finished last week - not as much as I'd hoped! And much of this week needs to be devoted to housekeeping (gasp!) so that my in-laws don't run screaming from the house. So what's on this week's list?
1. Finish up the guest rooms so they are warm and inviting!
2. Put away the stacks of stuff that have accumulated around the house.
3. Clean the house until it shines!
4. Bind two quilts for the ministry.
5. Make a back for a ministry quilt.
6. Quilt and bind a third ministry quilt.
7. Keep up with any other ministry needs that arise!
I probably won't have much time to sew this week after my in-laws arrive - it might seem a little anti-social to leave the room to go sew!! So I'll have to get in my sewing in between cleaning up. I guess it can be a reward for finishing a task!!
Now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?