Friday, April 11, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Quilty Hug for a Friend

Hi, all!

It's Friday again, and time to get your whoop whoop on!!  I don't know about you, but I'm certainly whooping about pretty spring weather and lovely blooming trees!! We got home from vacation to beautiful red buds and Bradford pear trees in bloom.  The daffodils are gone, but the trees are starting to leaf out, as you'll see in one of my pictures further on in the post.



It was just a bit windy today, to put it mildly - 35 to 50 mph wind gusts, which made for interesting pictures!  But thankfully, no storms - today is the fifth anniversary of a major tornado that hit about twenty miles from here.  So I can handle wind gusts!


I made this quilt for a friend at church who was just diagnosed with breast cancer...



Since I've "been there done that" I wanted to make this one myself from start to finish...



It still needs quilting but at least the flimsy is finished!  Hopefully I'll get it quilted this weekend. This quilt is made using the same block as Nathanael's Ladder, but laid out differently.  I really like the chevron look this one has.  It's made with scrappy pinks and pastels for the 4-patch blocks, and white and silver Kona cotton for the HSTs and borders.  

So that's my whoop whoop for the week! 

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!  

What's making you the happy dance about this week?

This was Emmy's birthday happy dance!
Share!  We want to dance along!

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

Remember - it doesn't have to be a finish - 

Just something that makes you happy!!

The party will remain open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - Be sure to check in on Sunday - Emily from  Em's Scrap Bag will be our H2H guest blogger for the day! I can't wait to see what she's going to share with us!

15 comments:

  1. Whoop! Whoop! Love those scrappy spring chevrons. Congrats on the finished flimsy in the breeze. Praying for your friend from church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great finish. Beautiful quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quilt top, reminds me of a stained glass window; I'm sending positive thoughts for your friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful weather here, I doubt I will get much quilting done

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt you did looks like a great pattern for using scraps yet keeping the pattern organized. Thanks for the whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a very thoughtful piece of work!
    I appreciate that you showed us those pictures featuring the quilt AND the wind. Not all pictures can be perfect. Your words and your pictures are a glimpse of real life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love the diamond quilt! so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the layout. I have a bunch of 4 patches so will have to try it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this quilt--the two background colors make it really interesting. Also great photos with the light shining through from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous quilt! I know what it meant to my mother to ge a quilt when she was going through interferon treatment for melanoma. She spiked a fever after each shot and would shiver for hours. The extra insulation of that extra quilt was blessing and the weight and drape were exactly wha was needed. Your friend will be blessed to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son had a birthday last week, too, but, at age 24, his happy dance wasn't as exuberant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt made for a beautiful reason...great job! Best wishes to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the photo of the quilt blowing in the breeze. It looks like a stained glass window.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!