Monday, November 28, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - Getting In the Christmas Spirit!



Hi, all!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!  It's finally starting to feel a little bit more like fall here, which helps get everyone in the mood for the holidays - hooray!!  And we're finally getting some rain, which was sorely overdue - it has not rained here since September!  And of course, rainy days are excellent for sewing....

It was a busy week last week, with lots of sewing around here.  Let's see how the list went!


1.  Finish Lilli's annual quilt.
Done!  Hooray!!!


You can see more of this quilt on last Friday's post...

2.  Piece Nathanael's annual quilt.
In progress!  I had to backtrack (oh happy frog stitching!) on some of the piecing I originally did, because I wasn't happy with how it looked.  I like it now!


3.  Quilt Emmy's annual quilt.
Done!  It's so nice to have the second annual quilt done - just one more to go!!  Here's a teaser shot - more on this one on Friday!


4.  Quilt the tree skirt.
Done!  I really love this - I finally have a quilted tree skirt that I didn't buy at the store!!  (About time...)


5.  Clean and decorate the house for the quilt ministry's annual Dirty Santa gift swap (Saturday morning).
Done!  We had a great time!


And lots of food!!  We're Baptist - we eat!!

6.  Come up with a great Dirty Santa gift for the swap!
Done - and of course, I forgot to take a picture!  It was a one-hour basket with a mug, two kitchen towels, a pin, and a graph paper journal, and it was very popular - it was stolen a LOT!

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Thankfully, last week was a very quiet week - no requests for quilts - so we've had a chance to replenish the stash!

OK - it took a good bit of work today, and I didn't get as far on Nathanael's quilt as I wanted to, but I'm happy with my progress for the week!  Here's what's on tap for this week...

1.  Finish Nathanael's quilt.

2.  Bind nine quilts for the quilt ministry.

3.  Order fabric for a special project.

4.  Start working on three t-shirt commission quilts.

5.  Clean up my studio a little bit!

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.


 I feel like there's something else that I'm forgetting, but this is certainly enough to keep me busy - and if I finish the list, I'm sure there's lots more I can find to play with!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. love that tree skirt - I really need to make one that is decent - I started one at one time and never finished the edges LOL - last year I wrapped a xmas quilt around the bottom and then you really couldn't see the pretty quilt - a skirt is needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up on quilting this week! Finished a winter star tonight, loading the butterflies next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tree skirt! I finally made myself a new one last year since my old one was one I had made in college 40 years ago! I had even repaired it after my dog used it as a teething toy when she was a puppy. And yes, we Baptists do love a spread of food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah I don't know how you get soooo much accomplished lol. I sure wish I did. I do have a table runner ready to quilt and I started on Bonnie Hunter's mystery. I have 110 of the 221 4-patches needed finished. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://melsquiltingblog.blogspot.com/2016/11/make-list-monday.html
    Always making a list, sometimes I post and sometimes I don't

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up :-) So I grew up Baptist...is that why I love to eat? LOL!
    I love your quilt for Nathanael. He's going to love it!
    I'm not getting any sewing done here...but I have purged more closets and took another huge load to a local charity group yesterday. After the new flooring...which got put off yet another week!...and the house gets put back together, I hope we feel lighter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Quilt! So fun and lively! Your tree skirt is stunning! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!