Friday, September 15, 2017

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Charity Quilts Galore!

Hi, all!

Here it is, Friday again - and you know what that means! It's time to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's get started...

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

This week I designated Wednesday and Thursday as quilting catch-up days, and managed to knock out some things I've needed to finish for a while...


First up was this quilt top which a friend brought me.  It was partly hand sewn, partly machine sewn; the blocks were cut on the bias so they were stretchy; and the sashing didn't reach all the way out to the side edges in places.  And of course, the green was made so long ago, I couldn't find a match for it in my stash or even the stash at church!  So unfortunately the edges of some of the blocks have been cut off to square it up - but I still think it's a fun bright quilt!  My friend's mother-in-law will be coming to live with her - she's the one who pieced it many years ago - and it will go on her bed. 


This quilt was pieced by Joyce Levengood as part of the Heartbuilders program for Stash Builder Box!  Joyce is on my team and she sent it to me for quilting for this quarter's donation to Project Linus.


I finally found a use for those pretty bright lemons that have been in my stash forever!



Joyce also made this cute red and brown quilt, with little monkeys all over it!  I envision this one on a little boy's bed...


And this beautiful quilt, also made by Joyce, looks like it would be perfect for a tween girl to me!  Such beautiful colors...


And this is the final quilt that will be headed to Stash Builder Box this quarter - it's a group effort by the members of Heartbuilders Team Four!  I love the way all of our bright happy blocks work so well together...  This was a fun block to make and I may make one of these quilts for myself sometime!

And finally, I got some happy mail on Thursday - some fun things I picked out as a treat for myself, as ordered by a good friend!


A small Omnigrid cutting and pressing mat, and a Steamfast mini-iron for piecing fun!  And two new books - The Versatile Nine Patch by Joan Ford for new scrappy inspiration, and Kaffe Fassett's Quilts in Ireland, because, hey, two of my favorite things!  I can't wait to see if there are places I recognize in this one.  It's sitting right beside me waiting for me to finish this blogpost and take a look!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?


What's got you dancing a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you -
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I need to have one of those quilting catch up days as well!!! Thanks for the inspiration to just get them quilted ;) Your finishes look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More gorgeous quilts. That lemons fabric is so unique and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts! I can only hope to have that much talent in a few years 😊. Hoping you'll post about how well the Steamfast mini iron works, I've had my eye on it for some time now but with owning 3 irons already (1 of which I've only used once) I'm reluctant to spend the money without knowing just how hot it gets and how well it steams. Please let us know what you think about it.
    Jeri Oldtisme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to add that as of tonight I FINALLY finished the 1st of the 4 quadrants of The 12 Days of Christmas. As I explained to you privately "bad things happened in my life" and I fell way behind but now it's keeping me going. I'm so looking forward to getting the next 3 quarters going now that I have found a rhythm to follow. Thanks again for my 1st QAL.
    Jeri Oldtisme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that vintage quilt you finished! So bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an accomplishment to get all those projects finished! Hurray for using that lemon fabric, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!