Friday, September 22, 2017

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Pushing the Season...

Hi, all!

Wow, it's Friday again!!  Can you believe it? And you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!

This week, I kind of "pushed the season" and made some cute Halloween pillow covers...




These were pretty simple - I took a charm pack of Halloween fabric and cut it into 2.5" squares, then added enough solid orange to have enough squares (192) to make three 16" pillow covers.  I laid the squares out on fusible interfacing, then ironed to secure them down.  I folded the fusible interfacing on the first vertical gridline (where the squares touch) and stitched a 1/4" seam.  Repeated for all the vertical lines, then cut them open and pressed them open.  Repeated the whole process for the horizontal lines, and when I was finished I had perfectly matched corners and a piece just the right size for a 16" pillow cover!  I found the silhouettes on Google Images, printed them out and traced them onto fusible webbing and applied to black Kona cotton.  Backing and binding and aren't they cute?


And they already have a new home!!
Whoop whoop!!

And I had another whoop whoop moment today...


My new Kona color chart came today!!!  Aren't those colors just gorgeous?  It makes me smile just to see it...

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. 'Love those Halloween pillows! So cute. The Kona color chart is a helpful thing to have. Plus, it is pretty also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The pumpkins and cat are my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pillows are adorable! I love the appliqué! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! Hm, maybe I need to make a pumpkin one with my fall fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pillows are adorable! Especially the cat's eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't cushions (pillows) that are just squares so very effective? And THEN, you added the silhouettes! Perfection! I might have to do one...seems to be a cushion week in QBL. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO in love with your kitty cat silhouette pillow! It's adorable! And I didn't know there was a new Kona chart out. How long ago did they come out with it? I love having actual swatches when I'm ordering solid colors online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it's Friday again. But I'm sooooooooo glad it's Friday again!! LOL I think I want a new Kona colour card. It looks like it's laid out differently than the previous one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cushions! :) And I loooooove colour cards. Just like the paint chips in hardware stores... they hold so much promise of things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling pillows! You make everything look and sound so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!