Monday, December 11, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Taking Time To Enjoy!!

Hi, all!

Do you ever get so busy at this time of year that you forget to slow down and take time to enjoy the season?  I know I do - but I am determined to look for the joy this week.  Simple things - like the little girl I saw at Target yesterday who was so excited about Christmas that she just jumped up and down cheering when she saw the decorations in the store!  She made me smile!! Join me in looking for joyful moments this week...


OK, so let's look at last week's list and see how it went...

1.  Send out an email to the quilt ministry members about sewing in December.
Done!  We've got some interesting projects coming up, and everyone seems really excited!

2.  Do some quilting for the ministry.
I did a little, but not as much as I wanted to, because Jolene needs sometime with the repairman....

3.  Write an estimate for two t-shirt quilts.
Done!  Now to order the supplies...

4.  Finish the appliqué for Lilli's annual quilt.
Done!  I'm so so happy with how this turned out...


Now I just need Jolene to get better so I can quilt the annual quilts!

5.  Take the last of the Great Quilt Destash photos and post.
I didn't get to this one. Hopefully this week!

6.  Deliver a whole mess of quilts purchased through the Great Quilt Destash!
Done!  That was so much fun!!

7.  Work on a post for scrappy Wednesday.
Done!  I'm trying to be intentional about these last few scrappy Wednesday posts until the endow the year...

8.  Review my stash of Christmas gifts and see what else I need to get.
Done!  Amazingly, I only had a few holes to fill in.  And I think I finished the shopping today!

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  This quilt went to a new baby...


...and this quilt went to a 13-year old boy with some serious medical issues.


This quilt went to a woman going through treatment for leukemia...


...and this quilt went to a man who is recovering from open heart surgery.


And in addition to the things on my list, I also made pillowcases for both of my granddaughters!  I'm particularly proud that I finally cut into the 2-yard piece of Heather Ross "Goldfish in Bags" that I've been hoarding since I got it away from my daughter...


...and I love the "Marauder's Map" fabric I found at Joann's!


Since I've already made one for Nathanael, this finished up the set!

Time is running short, so I'll jump right into my goals for next week...

1.  Make a weighted blanket (commission job).

2.  Make a dolphin pillow cover.

3.   Order supplies for the t-shirt quilts

4.  Make labels for the kids' annual quilts.

5.  Quilt the annual quilts.

6.  Wrap packages.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

8. Find the joy!!

Remember to take a few minutes this week to find the joy - it will make all the rest of it go even better!

And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. We leave to visit family for the holidays on Sunday...so I'm getting things together for our trip...I get to sew in the Ski Lodge for 5 days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weighted blankets, I have to admit that was a totally new term, so I had to resort to Mr Google to enlighten me.Another lot of lovely ministry quilts, and the fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please share some info on making the weighted blanket. My guild is considering making some to donate. Thanks for all you share. Hope your machine is home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, I'm replying here because you are a no-reply blogger. I have a tutorial for the weighted blanket on my blog - you can access it by clicking on the Weighted Blanket Tutorial Page under my blog header.

      Delete
  4. That is quite a list. Glad you are taking the time to slow down and enjoy the season. I'm over here tackling a king sized quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!