OK, last week kind of went by in a blur for me - how about you? It does seem like the weeks go faster the closer we get to Christmas - so many fun things to do, and so many gifts to make or buy! Let's see how last week's list went...
1. Finish piecing the commission quilt.
2. Quilt and bind the commission quilt.
Done! I can't share pictures yet, but it turned out really cute! Here's a teaser, though...
3. Create the dolphin appliqué for Lilli's annual quilt.
I'm still at the paper stage, but I have filled in all the jagged edges so it's ready to cut out!
4. Start quilting the kids' annual quilts.
I haven't started the quilting - we were almost completely out of ministry quilts, so quilting those took precedence this week.
5. Decorate the house for Christmas.
Done! Just in time for the party last Saturday!
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! It was a busy week - it seemed as soon as I managed to quilt one, it was given away!
This quilt went to a gentleman dealing with cancer...
The next two quilts went to the son and mom of a man who died unexpectedly at a young age.
This quilt went to a woman whose husband died after a long illness.
This quilt went to a gentleman who has been dealing with cancer for many years now....
...and this quilt went to a woman whose daughter died unexpectedly.
This quilt went to a woman who suffered a shattering loss...
This quilt went to a man dealing with throat cancer...
This quilt went to a woman who had a heart attack...
...and these 21 baby quilts went to the NICU at our local General Hospital!
And we wonder why our stash of quilts is low! Here's what's on the agenda for this week...
1. Send out an email to the quilt ministry members about sewing in December.
2. Do some quilting for the ministry.
3. Write an estimate for two t-shirt quilts.
4. Finish the appliqué for Lilli's annual quilt.
5. Take the last of the Great Quilt Destash photos and post.
6. Deliver a whole mess of quilts purchased through the Great Quilt Destash!
7. Work on a post for scrappy Wednesday.
8. Review my stash of Christmas gifts and see what else I need to get.
9. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
So that's my goals for the week! Busy busy busy!
And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?