Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I May Have a Scrap Problem...

Hi, all!

Snow days really are sew days!  We've had a bit of snowy, super-cold weather for the past few days, and I've had lots of fun in the studio.  And most of it has been scrap-related!  

First of all, I've been keeping up with the daily scrap tub pretty well...


And I finished the first of my quilts for the Scrumptious Scraps quilt-along (coming soon to a blog near you!)...


I did a whole lot of chain piecing, too...


...that will soon become another quilt for the Scrumptious Scraps quilt-along!


So I'm pretty happy with where things stand on the scrap front right now.  Unfortunately, it's time to put scrappy things aside for some paying work, so I don't know how much more I'll get done this week, but at least I've made a good start!

And now, how about some scrappy inspiration?  These were all spotted on Instagram this week...



If your string bucket looks anything like mine, this quilt would be a godsend!!


Got lots of neutral scraps?  This would eat them up in a heartbeat!


OMG, how cute are these little pincushions?  And I've got a whole box full of teeny tiny bonus HSTs...


And this may be the solution to all those 2.5" squares I've been cutting up!  I love the scrappy Irish chain look of this quilt, especially with those brilliant stars!

So - - - go forth and conquer those scraps!!!

Hugs!

Sarah

18 comments:

  1. WOW! I love those stars and scrappy blocks. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inspiration pieces - I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one looks like an I spy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - empty scrap bucket - way to go! I love the inspiration photos, especially that Irish chain star. That's a whole lotta little scrappy squares!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just quilted a top that is similar to the last one shown by heymrss but it's a little scrappier. I should get a picture on my blog this week, I hope. :) It does use a lot of scraps though!!

    Great job on keeping up! I need to start doing something since I just moved scraps out of my scrap bin by my cutting mat and into a box to store instead of pressing and trimming.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful ways to use small pieces, they are all stunning. And your scrap bucket, looking so good, top marks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get my scrap bucket looking like this! Nice and neat and ready to pull from for projects. I've been trying to be more disciplined about cutting scraps into appropriate sizes after each finish...now just have to catch up on that backlog. Lots of fun ideas here for using the scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, such great ideas. The Irish chain was so fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing great in keeping that bucket empty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful star quilt. I must get my scraps sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to you for keeping up with your goal. Thanks for the inspiration. Love the pincushions and the last one. Now that's an idea for using up all those novelty fabrics ... if I take those with ... hmmm... okay I got to go, I need to sew something. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the second scrappy quilt you have started! I may have to do something like that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost bought the Patchwork Sky pattern this morning before I saw your post. I love the scrappiness of it! I am adding it to my Wish List. I should invite you to come make some sense of my scrap boxes. They are out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there anything more lovely than an empty scrap bucket?? OK, lots of things are, but that's still pretty great to see :)

    I'm plugging away at my scrappy Double Four Patch project as leaders/enders and have a nice stack of blocks forming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m glad I saw your post — thanks for including me! Those pennies are now stuffed and finished, but I realize that I haven’t done a new photo for them! I really like the stars with the scrappy Irish chain ... Ive got a LOT of 2.5” squares all cut and ready to use for an Irish chain, but now I think I know what I’ll do in the open spaces. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you can find lots of inspiration on Instagram! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the squares and stars quilt! You are on a roll with your scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!