Monday, January 22, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Feels Like Spring!

Hi, all!

Well, we've been enjoying a few days of truly beautiful weather after our "snow-apocalypse" of last week - and I do mean enjoying!  It felt like spring around here today, but tomorrow it will be back to cooler temps and cloudy skies.  Oh well, if you don't like the weather in Tennessee, just stick around for five minutes - it'll change!  All that snow, though, meant for lots of sewing time - and I made good use of it!  Let's see how last week's list went...


1.  Work on quilt #2 for the Scrumptious Scraps quilt-along.
Done!  The top is finished, and it's ready for quilting sometime this week.  I actually used a close-up of it for the Scrumptious Scraps Quilt-Along blog button!



And speaking of Scrumptious Scraps, the quilt-along starts this coming Sunday, January 28th!  With the help of some good friends, I'll be sharing six great scrap quilts that would be perfect for charity quilts - leading in to the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge 2018, which begins on March 11th.  And if you'd like to be a guest blogger for Hands2Help, I've still got a spot or two available....

2.  Keep cutting up those scraps!
Done! I've managed to keep that scrap bucket empty all week, religiously cutting up my scraps after every project.  Oh my gosh, does this mean that I'm cultivating a good habit?

 

3.  Make the t-shirt blocks for the commission quilts.
Done!  And not only did I make the blocks, but one top is assembled...



...and the other is in progress!


4.   Examine the vintage top for spots that need repair.
Done!  And amazingly, I only found two spots that need repair.  The whole thing needs a good pressing, though, because there appear to be areas that have "extra fabric" causing some un-flat areas that will be difficult to quilt.  Gotta figure out how to fix those!

5.  Deliver the memory pillows.
Done!  It was so sweet - the youngest grandchild came running up when I came in and grabbed the red pillow, said "Mine!" and ran off!

6.  Do a serious scrap clean-up at church.
Oh, my, did we ever clean and sort!   Here's a pic of the sorting process at the beginning of the morning...



...and here's the spot we cleared off!  I figure there was about 64 cubic feet of scraps on that piece of floor, and we hadn't seen the floor there in about two years!   It just became a repository for all the scraps at the end of projects and any new donations that weren't yardage.  I'm not sure what we'll do with all that real estate!




7.  Get the H2H info finalized and posted.
I am so. stinking. happy. to say that all the H2H info has been updated on the Page below the header, I have a new button in the sidebar for H2H 2018, and there's a new button for the Scrumptious Scraps Quilt-Along too!


8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  This quilt went to a 10 year old girl who had a very unfortunate accident that put her in the ICU unit.  She has a long road to recovery ahead of her, but hopefully this will help cheer her up along the way!


And this quilt is headed to a woman whose cancer has recurred after ten years.  She'll be undergoing chemo and she should have this before her first treatment.


So I'm happy with how last week's list progressed.  I actually got a bit more done that I anticipated - probably due to all those snow days!  

And here's what's in the works for this week...

1.  Finish the second t-shirt quilt top.

2.  Quilt the second Scrumptious Scraps top.

3.  Piece the third Scrumptious Scraps top.

4.  Quilt at least one of the t-shirt quilts.

5.  Keep cutting up the scraps!

6.  Do a cleaning and re-set in the office so I'm ready for Hands2Help.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Definitely enough to keep me out of trouble this week - and there's plenty more where that came from if I work through all that!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. A busy week, and a clear floor, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're a productive woman! I know I could not keep up with you.
    BTW, I tried to add to the linkup on Saturday (a couple of times) and it never came up. I could see the post and comment, but no links or linkup button. It's okay, really, just wanted you to know. You might mention it just to see if anyone else had a problem. (Really it could just be on my end, so don't fret too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working on sewing and knitting projects that pop up along the way. And trying to not start new ones and not finish them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. making 8 more blocks to complete january's scrap attack chore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your empty scrap bucket again and on your new good habit! That church clean up is amazing! Looking forward to seeing your Scrumptious Scraps projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress and great list! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you that you are so disciplined with keeping your scraps cut! Did you do a post about your process for cutting them? I'm sure I read it because I read ALL scrap management posts religiously! If not, what process are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking I should adopt your Make A List Monday idea. I'm getting into my sewing room a lot more often lately, but this might help me stay more focused. I DO have my scrap basket almost half empty now, though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!