Monday, January 15, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Progress!


Hi, all!

It's been a long holiday weekend and it's looking to be a longer one - we had snow and ice on Friday and there's snow headed our way for Tuesday, with schools closed already.  Gotta love winter!  At least it makes for good sewing days....

So let's take a look at how last week's list went...

1.  Take some donated blocks and turn them into a toddler quilt for the ministry.
Done!  This is such a cheerful, happy quilt...


2.  Quilt at least one quilt for the quilt ministry.
Done!  This was a first quilt by a young woman in our church - it came out beautifully!


3.  Make a couple of memory pillows for a friend.
Done!  These are different from my usual pillows of this type, but exactly (I hope) what she's looking for!



4.  Examine a vintage top to see what repair work needs to be done before quilting.
I didn't get to this one yet...

5.  Start cutting pieces for a t-shirt quilt.
Or this one!  I worked on another project which I'll show below.

6.  Cut up scraps as I finish working on projects this week (this is my Scrap Attack goal for this month!)
Oh my! I've been good and have kept up with my scraps this week, and look what I have to show for it!


7.  Plan this year's pre-H2H quilt-along.
Done!  It's going to be fabulous - our theme is Scrumptious Scraps, and I've got three other quilters helping me.  Their quilts are wonderful and you are going to be so inspired!!  The Scrumptious Scraps quilt-along will begin the last Sunday of this month - stay tuned!

8.  Set up the schedule for H2H 2018 (can you believe it's time already?)
I've got the schedule set, just need to get it on the blog!


9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It's been a quiet week, but we did give one quilt away.  This one went to a woman whose husband died very unexpectedly on New Year's Day.


And here's part of the reason why I didn't get to some of the other things on my list - I started on the first of my three quilts for the Scrumptious Scraps quilt-along, and managed to finish it!


So last week's list went pretty well!  Here's what's on tap for this week...

1.  Work on quilt #2 for the Scrumptious Scraps quilt-along

2.  Keep cutting up those scraps!

3.  Make the t-shirt blocks for the commission quilts.

4.   Examine the vintage top for spots that need repair.

5.  Deliver the memory pillows.

6.  Do a serious scrap clean-up at church.

7.  Get the H2H info finalized and posted.

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Definitely enough to keep me out of trouble.  At least, it should be! And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. I'm still hacking away at my scraps. I try to do a little each day, otherwise it is so time consuming. Looking forward to actually starting a few projects so I can close the lids on the overflowing boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those scraps are so good, and a lovely warm coloured quilt for a lady, your week is off to a wonderful start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Danice, from my Wordpress account. Scrumptious Scraps is looking good. Looking forward to H2H 2018 and the pre-qal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My...time does fly! Looking forward to another fun H2H event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished 5 memory bears for my MIL. Going to drop them off today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished 5 memory bears for my MIL. Going to drop them off today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been about as unproductive as you've been productive! Haha! You go, Sarah! I'm already noodling ideas for 12 Days of Christmas in July :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite part of this post is the photo of the new quilter's first piece! I'm sure you were a big help to her, so thanks for bringing another gal into the quilty fold :)

    I've been stitching like mad to get a few quilts with deadlines finished before we leave the country for 5 months. All my other quilts can wait until we're in tropical Caribbean waters!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!