Friday, March 22, 2013

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Quilt Show Recap and Hands2Help Heads-Up!!


Hi, all!

It's Friday again - are you ready to get your whoop whoop on?  I've got some great photos to show you from the Lancaster AQS Quilt Show last weekend, so I hope you're ready for some inspiration!!

There were so many great quilts to see, and I took tons of pictures -  fortunately for you, I'm not going to show you all of them!  But these are the best of the ones that I took.  First, though, I want to show you the beautiful room we had at The Cork Factory Hotel...



Isn't that gorgeous?  So much neat ambience - the rough hewn ceiling, the brick wall - which had two big bright windows in it, by the way!  Only problem was, the floors were very squeaky - no sneaking around in this room!  It was a great place to stay, though - only about a mile away from the show! 

And now for the quilts...

Some very cool modern quilts...










Some more traditional quilts...









And some really neat photo-realistic quilts!






So many beautiful quilts and such a wide variety of styles - it was a ton of inspiration and eye candy!!  

And on another front, I'm whooping big-time because this Sunday marks the beginning of sign-ups for this year's Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge!  



If you've participated before, I hope you'll join in again!  If you've never heard of the Challenge, you can read more about this year's Challenge on the Page at the top of my blog, or see posts about previous Challenges by clicking on the label "Hands2Help" in the sidebar to the right.

This year we'll be making quilts to benefit Happy Chemo and Quilts Beyond Borders.  I'm really excited about both these great organizations and being able to help them out!

I'd just love it if you could help promote the Challenge - you can pick up the button for your blog on the top right sidebar!!  

I'm in the process of lining up sponsors - lots of great prizes already, and I'm hoping for even more! If you'd like to help sponsor, please let me know...

*&*^*&*^*&*^*&*

So now it's your turn!

What has made you dance the happy dance this week?

We want to know - it's more fun to dance in a crowd!!

So link up your post and join in the fun!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Be there or be square!!

Hugs!

Sarah


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilts there, thanks for sharing. I love the zebra one, such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zebra is wonderful! Lots of beautiful quilts...thanks for sharing.
    I grabbed the button:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those modern quilts are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room looks fabulous! Love that brick wall. Thanks for a wonderful quilt show. There are some real beauties there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those quilts were awesome. Looks like you have a great time. Looking forward to H2H's time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the quilt SHOW! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing quilts. Thank you for sharing. The quilting world was always varied, but I think it is even more so in this decade. I find myself pulled in multiple directions because it is all so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt show photos. I'm bowled over by peoples talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That zebra quilt looks too cool. I also love the giraffes

    ReplyDelete
  10. The zebra...wow.. so many stunning quilts, but the zebra really stands out, or even jumps out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!

    I want to help with Hands 2 Help. Let me know what I need to do next.

    Quilting Nonnie
    Terri Also (friend of the Terri you know)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, we send in blocks with a hand on them for Hands 2 Help and those will go into quilts? I currently make quilts for Wrap-a-Smile and Wrap Them in Love but could probably also send some along to you.

    Thanks for sharing the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love,love plush hotel rooms which reminds me I haven't been in one in a long time! I must need to travel more! (As a military wife I say this;)

    I really happy that you were able to go to that quilt show! Those quilts looked fabulous and I especially adore that very first one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!