It seems like it was just Monday - and here it is again! The weeks really do fly as we get closer to Christmas. I had a great time visiting in real life with blog friends over the weekend, and now it's time to get back to work! But first, let's see how last week's list went...
1. Cut out the fabric sashing and cornerstones for one of the t-shirt quilts. (Cut two if the other fabric arrives in time!)
Done! And I not only got it cut out, I sewed it together! Here's a jumbled up shot - it's a gift so I can't show it off yet.
2. Finish packing and getting ready for my retreat weekend!
Done! And we had a great time!
3. Work on Nathanael's annual quilt.
Done - this is part of what I worked on during the retreat. Didn't get a whole lot of sewing done, but at least it's a start! Twelve 16-patch blocks...
4. Prepare some reference materials for the retreat.
Done! We talked about how to price your quilts when someone asks you to make one for them for money - and why.
5. Learn a new skill!
Done! Thanks to some tutoring from Beth of Cooking Up Quilts, I managed to make this paper pieced tree with minimal cursing and only a little seam ripping for a stupid mistake!
6. Take care of any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We only gave away one quilt this week, to a woman with cancer.
I'm thankful for easy weeks, when we can get a little caught up!
So all in all, not a bad week at all! But I picked up four more commission jobs over the weekend, so I've got to really put the pedal to the metal this week! Here's what I'm hoping to get to this week...
1. Cut out and assemble another commission t-shirt quilt.
2. Quilt last week's t-shirt quilt.
3. Quilt a baby quilt for a friend.
4. Quilt this week's t-shirt quilt if time allows.
5. Continue working on Nathanael's annual quilt.
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
This list looks short, but it's plenty of work to keep me busy. Idle hands and all that, you know!
So now, the question is - - - - what are YOU working on this week?