Friday, June 14, 2019

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Fun Finishes!

Hi, all!

Here we are at the end of another week - it's finally Friday, and you know what that means!  It's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  I hope you're ready - I've got lots to whoop about this week, so let's get started....

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

It's been kind of a different week for me - my husband was out of town three days early this week, so I decided it was time to paint the living room!  And amazingly, all went smoothly and I actually finished ahead of schedule.  Here's a picture from Monday after I started cutting in the corners and ceiling...


The color was pretty, but didn't fit with the new palette I had chosen for the house.  So I painted it a pretty super-pale gray, a color called Icicle.


I really do like the way it looks now!


I still need to hang up pictures, but it's so much brighter and cleaner looking!  I think the short lamps also help make the room look taller.  It's really short - I can touch the ceiling just by stretching my arms up.  We used to have tall torchiere lights that went almost up to the ceiling.  This is better!


This corner is where the piano used to sit.  I really like it as a quiet reading nook.  And it really will look better with some pictures on the wall!


And here's the piano, on the other side of the room.   It feels really strange for it to be there, but I imagine in a couple of days it will feel natural.  For right now, it makes a great place to stack those unhung pictures!

But wait!  That sofa looked pretty bare, too!



Better now with the addition of some of my stash of pillows!

Because it all went so smoothly, I had a chance to do some sewing, too - I started on my quilt-along quilt for the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop, and made this block...


...which didn't quite work out like I thought it would, until I remembered a trick that Christina Cameli of A Few Scraps taught me about sewing with wedges!  


A little frog-stitching, some trimming and re-assembly, and it lays flat now!  I knew those QuiltCon classes would pay off some day!


And I also quilted this t-shirt quilt for my husband for Father's Day!  I've had it sewn together since before Christmas (it was a back-up gift in case he broke our "no gifts for our anniversary" agreement) and decided it would be the perfect gift for Father's Day.  

So as you can see, it's been a good, productive week!

Can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share! We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight. 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



16 comments:

  1. What is frog stitching? Living room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful new colour,soft and gentle. love it heaps.Well done to get the painting done in record time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, do tell, what was the trick to get those centers smooth??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I would love to know that trick too!
    You are rocking another week. I have no pictures because my sewing has been for a gift but I have my crows, flags and watermelon all sewn up and ready to quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the grey living room. You painted the room and did some sewing? - overachiever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the T-Quilt!! That will make a great Father's Day gift. Well, a great ANY occasion gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had a good week. The Living Room looks fabulous and the quilt is just perfect for father's day. We have the same agreement, which is why Tabitha showed up when she did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great paint colour. I can't wait to hear more about the pink and turquoise block -- it intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed that you did all that painting on your own—and with time left over for sewing! By the way, I have no idea what frog stitching is— sounds like something I must learn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. frog stitching is using a seam ripper. rip-it-rip-it... noise like a frog... ribbit ribbit. 🐸🐸🐸
    living room is fabulous. We have a very light grey in ours too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having low ceilings means the walls are a little bit easier to paint, right? You did a great job both in choosing a lovely color and getting it applied! And the gray borders on your Father's Day quilt will look super in that room, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely get a whoop whoop today, Sarah!! Great job on the painting and rearranging and getting the quilt ready for your hubby! I love that pale gray color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great renovations on the living room! Looks great!
    (so does the quilt progress!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice living room. 'Love the paint color choice. Hubby's quilt is pretty as well. Perfect Father's Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice paint job. You can come paint at my house any time. Last time I painted, I kept falling off the last step of the ladder.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!