Wednesday, June 19, 2019

I May Have A Scrap Problem... Some Inspiration!

Hi, all!

Not much scrap sewing has been happening around here this week - I've been working on the prototype for the 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt-along quilt - so I've gathered up some pretty inspiration for you!


Amanda Jean Nyburg may very well be the queen of the tiny scrap!  I love this pretty pillow top made with the tiniest of strips - isn't it amazing?  I do miss her blog but hold out hope that she will continue writing books to share her wonderful creativity.


I seem to be on a triangle kick lately - and these are really pretty!  My blue tub of scraps could easily knock out a couple of these...


I love the graphic simplicity of this quilt, and it looks like it could be a good way to use 2.5" squares! I don't know about you, but I have a lot of those already cut.


And finally, my favorite - a pillow cover made using Jen Kingwell's Flutter pattern.  Jen writes beautiful scrappy quilt patterns, some of which are easy, some are more complicated - but they are all amazing! I never would have thought of making enough of these blocks for a pillow cover, but this is a great way to have a quick scrappy finish!

I hope you're as inspired as I am after looking at these beautiful pieces - now to just carve out some time for sewing!

Hugs!

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. All that inspiration, and you reminded me Flutterby is on my have to make list. In my head I make hundreds of quilts every year. Shame it doesn’t reach my hands hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Amanda Jean too. Lots of inspiration in your post today! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the pieced triangles quilt idea and the stripes and squares one! Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed Amanda's blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the scrappy inspiration. Even if I don't get much quilting done, I can always count on you to remind me how much fun it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the quilty inspiration!! I'll be looking forward to too next month. Can't WAIT to see what Scrappy goodness you're seeing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed Amanda blog as well.Thanks for sharing these projects.This month no time to sewing but I made hexie flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the pillow I made. I'm happy you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always good to see a little inspiration on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a lot of scrappy goodness here. I recognized Amanda Jean's hand on those triangles immediately. I think a pillow would be about the right size of that craziness for me to actually accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, what a hoot to see my quilt there! That is a pattern from Busy Hands Quilts, and yes it is a good scrappy pattern.
    I miss Amanda Jean too. :(
    I can't wait for the 12 Days of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really miss Amanda Jean... I'm going to send her an email right now.
    Thanks for reminding me of this wonderful triangle tutorial.
    Have a great scrappy day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the blue triangle one! I enjoyed instagram but I still love reading blogs more. Thank you for the inspiration, now I know what I'm going to do next :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!