Friday, September 20, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Little Drama Never Hurt Anyone...

Hi, all!

Well, it may not feel like fall yet, but it definitely feels like Friday - and you know what that means!  It's time for us to get our whoop whoop on! Are you ready?  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


Fall means that it's time to start working on the annual quilts for the grandkids, and this week I began working on Emmy's quilt.  Now you have to know this about Emmy - she is a TOTAL drama queen.  Everything is an opportunity for a dramatic moment.  She's cute, so she gets away with it - most of the time.  But we have a saying around our house - "No drama, llama!"  Usually just saying that will get her back on the right track...usually.  So when I saw Lorna's adorable llama pattern (thanks to Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life!) I knew this would make the perfect quilt for E!


This week I cut out all the pieces (68 per llama, and I'm making five of them!)  I started to put it away to work on another project, but I wanted to see how they would go together, so I dropped everything else and started sewing.


OK, that was easy!  Doesn't look much like a llama yet, but let's move on to the next step.


Oh my!  There she is - or at least, I can see her peeking out at me!  And she definitely looks dramatic.... (And I will say, for the record, that Lorna's Sew Fresh Quilts patterns are fabulously easy, even though they look intricate.  Definitely check them out, especially if you are paper-piecing challenged, like me!  They are all traditionally pieced.)


And so I am very happy to introduce you to April Greensleeves, the first in our little band of drama llamas!  April likes Outlander (the books AND the series), lazy mornings in bed, long walks on the beach, snickerdoodle cookies, and knowing what everyone is doing at every moment.  


I can't wait to see what all her buddies have to reveal about their own personalities!  April tells me she's ready for her close-up...


So - - - can we get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!  

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little "drama llama" dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

21 comments:

  1. She's a beautiful llama, looking forward to seeing her buddies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love April Greensleeves!!! Can't wait to see her drama buddies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That llama! This is going to be such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just LOVE April Greensleeves! What a great name and personality she has. You make ME want to have another DrEAMi! You'll have to link her up on the last Saturday of April please! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is cuter than the pattern pic--a herd of llamas will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol so cute. We have a drama queen named Ella who is 3 so I sympathize. Thank you for the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric choices for your llama - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this post and everything about it! Cannot wait to see April and her pals gather for this quilt. Such fun! Now I want to drop everything and make another, or two or three!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The drama llama is great. What a perfect quilt for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Llama. Sew Fresh Quilts have some great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your llama is so cute! I can't wait to see the others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So. Much. Stinkin'. Fun! And that GIF is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That llama clip had me laughing out loud - !! Love you Llama.

    ReplyDelete
  14. April the llama is gorgeous. Can't wait to see her friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice start on the first of three annual quilts for the grands!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We had a Llama farm/zoo here in Tehachapi and one time we took the grandkids there. They have a mascot Llama called "Dolly Llama" and Dolly has a problem respecting people's personal space. I was standing there talking to my daughter-in-law when Dolly very quietly moves up behind me and blows hot Llama air in my ear! Talk about shocked! LOL Our son caught it on his phone camera! I liked to have never lived it down! The Llama quilt is a very cool quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice blog information and amazing traffic, i follow your blog. Thanks alot

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fall means apple bank open now
    that it's time to start working on the annual quilts for the grandkids, and this week I began working on Emmy's quilt. Now you have to know this about Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!