Well, it's Monday again, and time for a fresh start! As I change my whiteboard each week, it's so much fun to erase the items that have been completed and make a new list - all the possibilities for the week are so exciting! But before we see what's next, let's see how last week's list went...
1. Finish the commission baby quilt.
Done! You can see more pictures on this post.
2. Cut out one of the annual quilts!
Done! I got Lilli's quilt cut out and ready to sew.
3. Complete a quilt donation for the Patchwork and Pillowcases drive.
Done! As this is the sister quilt of the commission baby quilt, you can see more pictures on last Friday's post!
4. Deliver a huge load of donated fabric and quilts to church.
Done - and already stashed away and ready to use!
5. Sort and stash the scraps on my work table - they are taking over!
Thankfully, this is done too. A clean table is so nice!
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
We gave away several quilts this week...
This quilt went to a woman whose cancer has moved into her bones..
And the next four went to four kids who were forced to move out of a domestic violence situation.
|For a 10-year old girl..|
|...a 7-year old girl...|
|..a 3-year old girl (I promise it looks more girl-y in real life!)|
|...and a 4-year old boy!|
So all in all, a productive week that moved things forward! By the way, how is it possible that we are halfway through September already?
And here's what's on tap for me this week...
1. Work on a t-shirt commission quilt.
2. Work on a baby commission quilt.
3. Cut out Emmy's annual quilt.
4. Work a little more on the king size Birch Bark quilt.
5. Start sewing one of the annual quilts.
6. Paint the bathroom if time permits.
7. Try to decide if I should jump into the #mysmallworldsewcial quilt-along (since I already have three version started!)
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It feels like I'm forgetting something important in that list, but I sure can't remember what! Oh, and number 6? Well, that was an unexpected task, but one I'm quite happy with - because while I was at church Saturday morning sewing with my peeps, my wonderful husband replaced the old light fixture in the bathroom with a pretty new one...
...but as you can see, the base of the fixture is much smaller than the previous one. So new paint is in order! This room hasn't been painted since we moved in twelve years ago, so it's probably time - and I still have full cans of both of the colors I'm using in the house, so it should be a quick and easy job. Isn't it a pretty fixture, though? And the soft candlelight LED Edison bulbs I got give off a nice light, not too harsh, but bright enough.
Number 7 is appealing too - the My Small World quilt-along just started yesterday on Instagram, and since I already have some blocks completed, I just might be able to keep up, even through my busy season. (Heck, who am I kidding, they're all busy seasons!) But it would be nice to get at least one of the small world quilts pieced....
So now that we know what I'm working on this week, the only question left is - - - what are YOU working on?