Wednesday, September 25, 2019

I May Have A Scrap Problem... My Small World Progress, and Inspiration!

Hi, all!

Oh, it's been a busy week, but I've been having a lot of fun working on lots and lots of different projects!  And part of that is working on my three (yes, 3!) My Small World quilts!  Here's what I've made this week...

2" square in square blocks for Nathanael's quilt...

The same for Emmy's quilt...


...and ditto for Lilli's!

This is all ahead of the game, because I'm working on blocks for the October 15-November 14 time period.  Next up are some teeny-tiny churn dash blocks!!

And now for some inspiration - and Instagram has been full of it this week!  


What a great, bright, fun scrap buster!  I guess you'd call this an Irish chain variation - I just call it wonderful!


And sometimes the simplest block can make the sweetest quilt!  


Strings, strings, strings!  And I love the way this one is laid out - it feels very mid-century modern to me!


I absolutely adore this quilt!  It looks like Tracy used 2.5"x4.5" blocks for this, and the color gradation is amazing!


Here's another string quilt, but doesn't that polka dot center strip really give this some extra pop?


And this beauty?  Looks modern, doesn't it?  But it was made in 1891!


I love this tiny bit of colorful scrappiness!


I'm sensing a theme here - rainbows must be my favorite!



But look how calm and peaceful this scrappy solids quilt is!  I really want to make one of these - it makes me feel "hygge" just looking at it!

So, now that you're inspired -  go forth and be scrappy!!

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Nice work on your quilts; I like the simple block by cjpunday--I've never seen it done in scrap before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely square in a square blocks :-) I'm sewing those this week too. Trying to get more precise at it and they are looking better....I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on some progress and thanks for all of that wonderful SCRAPspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My question is with all you get done each week, how do you have time to follow so many people on Instagram? I do appreciate seeing all the lovely scrap projects you highlight, though.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean about the solids one! Hygge, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great variety of styles this week. I love the antique one, so modern looking. Collecting antique quilts is my specialty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you're doing, and thanks for more eye candy to add to my instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you give me the URL for the 'Occasionalpiecequilt' image/blog? I'm curious as to how the pieces were sewn together. Really neat looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!